Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Nikkor mirror lenses with C/Y mount

kckdjs

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikkor mirror lenses with C/Y mount

Before graduating, the equipment guy at school asked if I would be interested in a couple super telephoto lenses. I said of course I would and he presented me with a couple Nikkor mirror lenses. He gave me the 1000/f11 and the 500/f5. I thought these would be interesting lenses to work with and possibly sell. When I got them home, I noticed one of the rear caps was a C/Y rear cap. After an attempt at mounting one of the lenses to my FM2, I realized these lenses actually had C/Y mounts. Both of them. I confirmed it with my old Yashica camera. These lenses do not have adapters on them. They are Nikon lenses with C/Y mounts. What's funny is that the equipment guy thought they were normal Nikon lenses. He obviously never tested them or rented them out to students. I'm assuming the person who donated these lenses changed the mount somehow? I've given one of them to a legitimate camera repair guy and he hasn't found a solution.

These lenses have a certain value when they're an FM mount, I'm curious what the C/Y mount does and if anyone has heard of such a situation.

Jun 25, 2013 at 08:13 AM
MalbikEndar
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikkor mirror lenses with C/Y mount

Google says there are adapters.

Are they beautiful? They might be a lot more interesting on the shelf than in use.

Jun 25, 2013 at 08:46 PM
harvey steeves
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikkor mirror lenses with C/Y mount

I'm thinking that this was a custom modification because I have not heard of this as a factory offering (the Contax equivalents were screaming expensive). They probably could be changed back if you want or if you decide to sell them, leave them as is for the buyer to do what they want.

Jun 26, 2013 at 07:03 PM
papageno
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikkor mirror lenses with C/Y mount

Back in the day such modifications were not that unusual, in part because mfrs all seemed to have gaps in their lineup. The first full frame fisheye was (if memory serves) a Minolta exclusive. I had one adapted for my Nikons, where it paid for itself several times over. f 9.5 if anyone cares and non focusing......

Jun 27, 2013 at 12:05 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password