Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Fuji X firmware update to add focus peaking

Spyro P.
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji X firmware update to add focus peaking

Fujifilm has announced a set of firmware updates for its X-Pro1 and X-E1 mirrorless cameras. Versions 2.05 for the X-Pro1 and 1.06 for the X-E1 will be available to download on 25th June; they offer compatibility with lenses that don't have aperture rings, and allow easier focus area selection when shooting with the eye-level viewfinder.

The company has also pre-announced further updates (Versions 3.00 for the X-Pro1, and 2.00 for the X-E1) which promise to improve autofocus speed with existing XF lenses, and add the much-requested 'focus peaking' function to aid manual focus. These are due to be available for download on 23rd July.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/06/25/fujifilm-updates-x-pro1-and-x-e1-firmware-for-compatibilty-with-lenses-without-aperture-rings

Jun 25, 2013 at 04:55 AM
Ventura CA
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji X firmware update to add focus peaking

Sweet! Now how about a FF Xpro2... Another step in the right direction

Jun 25, 2013 at 05:04 AM
Ix4224

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji X firmware update to add focus peaking

I'm happier about the additional programmable function button that can be changed to adjust the AF point. Now I can finally move the AF point using my right hand instead of hunting for the AF button on the left.

Jun 25, 2013 at 06:12 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Spyro P.
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji X firmware update to add focus peaking

Ventura CA wrote:
Sweet! Now how about a FF Xpro2...

I was waiting for it precisely for the manual focus aids already implemented in the x100s
But if focus peaking works well on the Xpro1 there's a good chance I might not bother to upgrade and use the funds for lenses instead.

Jun 25, 2013 at 06:34 AM
justruss
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fuji X firmware update to add focus peaking

Very nice firmware updates!

I'll definitely use the 2nd fn button now.

I am interested in peaking, but, to be honest, I find the magnification (3x or 10x) very quick and VERY accurate when it comes to MF already. I'm skeptical that peaking will improve upon the speed/efficiency/accuracy of this-- for me (maybe not you).

Most upsettingly, though: Where is the damn minimum SS in auto-ISO/Aperture Priority modes?! This single, simple, should-be-easy-to-implement-via-firmware option would increase my productivity/efficiency with this camera by at least 20 to 30%. Letting me use the exp comp in more semi-auto modes would be good, for me, for another 10%.

Jun 25, 2013 at 07:26 AM
mortyb
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fuji X firmware update to add focus peaking

Well done, Fuji. In addition they should add min. shutter speed with auto-iso and face detection AF. That would be a huge step in the right direction.

Jun 25, 2013 at 08:05 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password