Bob

Ladies mixing it up

Warming up for match - abstract diversion

Jun 24, 2013 at 05:08 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 7s - color versions

While I like the color and expression, sharpness, the image feels confused: Whose hand is holding the ball? Seems disjointed.
Second captures the action and intensity well. Nit: more of the face of the guy on the right side would strengthen an already strong image.
3. I want some faces.
4. But I dont need much. The tension of the scrum is the subject, captured well by the tight interlock of arms. The background arms and legs distract and might be burnt out.
I like that you have one of the players expressions in sight.

Jun 24, 2013 at 06:59 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 7s - color versions

Thanks Scott,

Agree with your comments but in this scenario what you see is pretty much what you get. I found myself struggling with the fixed FL tele (first time use in the heat of battle) in being at times too long/tight. And, wanting to zoom-out when zoom-out ain't there Lessons to be learned. Need to anticipate better for switching cameras, more narrow field of view provided fewer visual clues to anticipate direction of action.

And, these are cropped tighter than those on BWV.

In all fun time and experience, but too much activity for ample coverage - three simultaneous matches lasting no more than 16 minutes in their entirety ( 7, 1-1/2 halftime, 7 minutes). Heat wore me out schlepping stuff from pitch-to-pitch

Thanks again,

Bob

Jun 25, 2013 at 07:05 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 7s - color versions

3 simultaneous @ 16 ...

That leaves very little time to think / reposition. I noted the background clutter being more than your usual, but under those circumstances (and working on new techniques @ primes) ... hard to crit anything. That said, I'm preferring the mono or the first one from these, mostly @ how clutter in the others makes them look kinda "snapshot".

Jun 25, 2013 at 07:55 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.