New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Two portraits from a wedding

friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Two portraits from a wedding

A short set of 8 pics can be seen here: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1222329

These are two portraits from a wedding I shot this weekend in the Chicago suburbs. Comments welcome.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2874/9122367077_4d9f9b2e62_c.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3771/9122375493_527ae70c2a_c.jpg

Jun 24, 2013 at 09:43 AM
smackem
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Two portraits from a wedding

Very nice images Ron, I bet the bride loves them all. Number one is amazing and I also love the one of the bride dancing with her Dad in the other set; great rim lighting.

I used to photograph weddings in the Northwest suburbs many years ago, back in the days of shooting film.

Tony

Jun 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Two portraits from a wedding

Love #1! It is more flattering to both. This seems to be a departure from your more traditional approach.

My only nit, which maybe expensive to remedy, is the bokeh of that lens looks busy.

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:05 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Two portraits from a wedding

smackem wrote:
Very nice images Ron, I bet the bride loves them all. Number one is amazing and I also love the one of the bride dancing with her Dad in the other set; great rim lighting.

I used to photograph weddings in the Northwest suburbs many years ago, back in the days of shooting film.

Tony

Thanks, Tony, I appreciate it! Her Dad was a poor sap. I never really know what to expect but when we did the formal portraits, I always have them look at each other and the Dad is supposed to tell her how beautiful she is. He totally choked up, tearing up, and I knew then it was going to be good day. They cried pretty much the whole dance.

Sorry to see we lost you to the United Kingdom. If you ever come back to visit, look me up.

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:27 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Two portraits from a wedding

dmacmillan wrote:
Love #1! It is more flattering to both. This seems to be a departure from your more traditional approach.

My only nit, which maybe expensive to remedy, is the bokeh of that lens looks busy.

Hey Doug, I really appreciate it. I was really happy with No. 1. I'm not so sure if it's a departure from my usual approach, or more of an evolution coming from my continued growth. I'd like to think the latter. I think I'm seeing more. The Force is stronger within me.

The lens just came back from the Nikon repair shop, so it better be in good shape, re: your bokeh comment. :-)

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM
cmcleod
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Two portraits from a wedding

I really enjoy both these images Ron with #1 being the favorite here. My only crit is #1 could have been framed a bit tighter so the fence on the right side wasn't there. My eye wants to creep to that object but thats being hyper critical. Love the light.

Cam

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:58 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Two portraits from a wedding

Thanks, for the comments, Cam! Interesting, I hadn't really noticed the fence before. I like the composition, so if I get rid of that fence, I'll clone it out. I have already gotten rid of several distracting elements. There were two huge flowers to our left of them that really took attention away from them.

So I appreciate it.

Jun 27, 2013 at 09:00 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Two portraits from a wedding

Enjoying them both, Ron. I noticed the fence too - it should go.

The favourite for me is #2. It's those expressions. They are the big attraction.

Jun 30, 2013 at 06:06 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Two portraits from a wedding

Thanks, Jim! Appreciate the feedback on the fence. As for No. 2, that's my wife's favorite too, same reason.

Jun 30, 2013 at 08:21 AM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Two portraits from a wedding

"Busy Bokeh" bothers me as well. Luckily, nothing about these two photos bothers me (in other words, I don't see it). Nice work, Ron!

Jun 30, 2013 at 08:27 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Two portraits from a wedding

Mitch W wrote:
"Busy Bokeh" bothers me as well. Luckily, nothing about these two photos bothers me (in other words, I don't see it). Nice work, Ron!

Thanks, Mitch! I really appreciate it!

Jun 30, 2013 at 04:02 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.