Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3              33       34       end
  

Archive 2013 · D400 in 2014 or Bust
  
 
Andre Labonte
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


... if you believe Thom: http://www.bythom.com/

I hope he's right.

OK, not in August, but September ... NOPE ... OK, October! Nah! November to be sure!pray. NO! OK screw December ... D400 in 2014 or BUST!

Edited on Dec 04, 2013 at 01:54 PM · View previous versions



Jun 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM
biggbird
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


Would make a whole lot of people very happy if he were correct...


Jun 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Chris Dees
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


Yep and a big Xmas hit as well.


Jun 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM
BenV
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


I don't see anything about a D400, all I see is a link to his site?


Jun 24, 2013 at 02:14 PM
Andre Labonte
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


BenV wrote:
I don't see anything about a D400, all I see is a link to his site?



Read the second article down



Jun 24, 2013 at 02:17 PM
ytwong
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


I don't think he has good track records in predicting Nikon products...



Jun 24, 2013 at 03:19 PM
NathanHamler
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


ytwong wrote:
I don't think he has good track records in predicting Nikon products...


This. My bet is the D400 never happens.

The D7100 has 24mp, a 1.3x crop ability, dual cards, the same AF system from the D800/D4, and "D800 level weather sealing".......this IS the "D400".....

The fact that everyone still wants a D300/D700/D800 size body, faster frame rate, and a deeper buffer means NOTHING to Nikon....they've already release their flagship DX body.....deal with it.



Jun 24, 2013 at 03:36 PM
Kyyo24
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


Edit-duplicate post

Edited on Jun 24, 2013 at 04:23 PM · View previous versions



Jun 24, 2013 at 04:21 PM
Kyyo24
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


NathanHamler wrote:
This. My bet is the D400 never happens.

The D7100 has 24mp, a 1.3x crop ability, dual cards, the same AF system from the D800/D4, and "D800 level weather sealing".......this IS the "D400".....

The fact that everyone still wants a D300/D700/D800 size body, faster frame rate, and a deeper buffer means NOTHING to Nikon....they've already release their flagship DX body.....deal with it.

There's thousands of people (like me) who will eventually switch to canon if that's the case. I can't afford a D4 so I've been waiting for the d400 for years. There hasn't been a true upgrade to the d300s. Sure the d7100 is the "flagship" for now...why cant we want the same size body? i dont want to go thekugh the menu to change white balance and iso, wheres the AF on button? theres a bunch of little things like that im waiting for. Theres no professional grade dx body other than the d300s. I'm waiting for canon to release the 7D MK2 and I just might switch



Jun 24, 2013 at 04:21 PM
Jim8EL
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


And you know this because? The facts are that there are no facts. It might happen and it might not. Think I'll wait a while and see.


Jun 24, 2013 at 04:28 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Craig Gillette
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


I think Thom hit more than he thinks in the predictions. There are two (or more) things resonating with camera buyers now. The idealized d400 has been out there for years. The newer resonating "idea" is "I don't want to carry a full dslr kit around anymore." That's fitting with his "last camera" idea as well as just the realization that small. convenient cameras can cover most needs. Big cameras - and especially "big lenses" are going to be a niche, albeit large niche, for many photographers.


Jun 24, 2013 at 05:00 PM
jbouchard
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


NathanHamler wrote:
The fact that everyone still wants a D300/D700/D800 size body, faster frame rate, and a deeper buffer means NOTHING to Nikon....they've already release their flagship DX body.....deal with it.


I suspect you are right, unfortunately. The real issue to me is the controls. I'm used to D200/D300/D700 with the particular buttons and switches it has, layed out the way they are. It's not just that I'm resistant to change, it's more than that. Different people's brains work differently. If I have those switches in front of me I'm more likely to remember "Oh yeah, I should switch that for this situation". If that's buried in a menu I'll forget, and then I'll take a bunch of action shots which are a little out of focus because I was using AF-S instead of AF-C. I tried the D3200 for a while, and ended up giving it to my wife because of those issues. I'm sure there are at least a few D300(s) users who are wanting better electronics with the same layout. The question is "are there enough of them to make it a good business decision?" I suspect not.



Jun 24, 2013 at 05:31 PM
monochrome
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


NathanHamler wrote:
This. My bet is the D400 never happens.

The D7100 has 24mp, a 1.3x crop ability, dual cards, the same AF system from the D800/D4, and "D800 level weather sealing".......this IS the "D400".....

The fact that everyone still wants a D300/D700/D800 size body, faster frame rate, and a deeper buffer means NOTHING to Nikon....they've already release their flagship DX body.....deal with it.


I'll lay down $25, that there will be a D400 or D400 like body announced by Nikon before the end of the year. You say DX flagship is here, I say you're wrong just as Nikon Europe as said that the D7100 is not DX flagship.




Jun 24, 2013 at 05:45 PM
galenapass
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


Kyyo24 wrote:
There's thousands of people (like me) who will eventually switch to canon if that's the case. I can't afford a D4 so I've been waiting for the d400 for years. There hasn't been a true upgrade to the d300s. Sure the d7100 is the "flagship" for now...why cant we want the same size body? i dont want to go thekugh the menu to change white balance and iso, wheres the AF on button? theres a bunch of little things like that im waiting for. Theres no professional grade dx body other than the d300s. I'm waiting for canon to release
...Show more

Well that's one way to go, but, you should know that Canon has some negatives as well. Namely, the sensor that you will get in the new 7DII will probably not be up to the same DR standards as those used in equivalent Nikon models. Canon is behind in this regard. As someone who shoots with both systems, I find the lack of DR to be a real issue (and the noise produced by the 7D sensor is bad in some cases, even at low iso). Something to consider.



Jun 24, 2013 at 05:50 PM
M Lucca
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


Kyyo24 wrote:
There's thousands of people (like me) who will eventually switch to canon if that's the case. I can't afford a D4 so I've been waiting for the d400 for years. There hasn't been a true upgrade to the d300s. Sure the d7100 is the "flagship" for now...why cant we want the same size body? i dont want to go thekugh the menu to change white balance and iso, wheres the AF on button? theres a bunch of little things like that im waiting for. Theres no professional grade dx body other than the d300s. I'm waiting for canon to release
...Show more

+1. It is not always about how great a sensor is or ISO that. Alot of what makes a good camera is in its thoughtful design. I really loathe the new crop of Nikon prosumer bodies. They are just not very intuitive compared to previous Nikon bodies. The D600 was an exercise of frustration in the 2-3 times I got to use it. In the end I couldn't wait to return to their respective owners. I mean, what's with sticking my fingers in b/t my face and the camera to change ISO?! Multi-finger actions to change settings? That's so Canon 1d2! And that was not a model of ergonomic success.

Buttons should be placed with the its normal photography functions. Not because "Oh we have a spot here, let's put this button here."



Jun 24, 2013 at 06:40 PM
Andre Labonte
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


NathanHamler wrote:
This. My bet is the D400 never happens.

The D7100 has 24mp, a 1.3x crop ability, dual cards, the same AF system from the D800/D4, and "D800 level weather sealing".......this IS the "D400".....

The fact that everyone still wants a D300/D700/D800 size body, faster frame rate, and a deeper buffer means NOTHING to Nikon....they've already release their flagship DX body.....deal with it.



I suspect you are wrong and Mr. Hogan is correct. He's more correct than most people.

Also, companies that take the kind of "shove it up your a$$" attitude you imply eventually get it shoved up their a$$.



Jun 24, 2013 at 07:08 PM
davidnholtjr
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


Well I hope the D400 comes out soon. Would love to have one by October for Eagle season and it would mate up nicely with the 80-400VRII. But right now my trusty D300s will do for now.


Jun 24, 2013 at 08:02 PM
NathanHamler
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


Andre Labonte wrote:
Also, companies that take the kind of "shove it up your a$$" attitude you imply eventually get it shoved up their a$$.



well look what Nikon is doing with people who send in perfect condition cameras for warranty work.....claiming impact damage and not holding up their warranty agreements.......they're telling the customers to "shove it up your a$$!!" lol

So yeah, i wouldn't put it past Nikon to say "this is what we offer now, take it, or leave it."

I was thinking about it more, and the D600 kinda proves what i feel Nikon's thought process is...that FX is "the future" for enthusiast photographers and above....The fact that they released an FX sensor in a smaller, less expensive package, kinda shows where their thought process is....now it's hard to offer a DX camera at the same price (or more) than the D600, when SO many consumers only look at the sensor when it comes to judging a camera.....

If you're a wildlife photographer, or a sports photographer, nikon wants you to buy longer glass, or buy a camera with a crop mode, and gain your reach that way....

Of course, i know nothing, so for all of you who WANT a D400, I hope i'm wrong....i just don't think there are ENOUGH shooters who want the pro level DX bodies anymore....again, i hope i'm wrong....



Jun 24, 2013 at 08:24 PM
the solitaire
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


I have been afraid the D300s was the last DX prosumer camera from Nikon for quite a while now. Pretty much ever since the D700 was released actually.

Fortunately, coming from film cameras I never owned a single DX lens in my life.
I do like my D300. It has benefits a full sized camera just doesnŽt have.

I would prefer buying a D300 replacement rather then a full frame camera the next time IŽm out shopping for a camera body, but of Nikon persists IŽll buy a used FX camera body rather then a new DX prosumer camera. Way to go Nikon.



Jun 24, 2013 at 09:12 PM
Gary Irwin
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · D400 in 2014 or Bust


I'd be very interested in a D400 but the endless delays have be worried. Assuming it does eventually show up, no way I'm buying one of the first units. The way I figure it, it's either delayed due to new technology, or because Nikon can't get their quality control act together. I have no plans to be a guinea pig on this one.


Jun 24, 2013 at 09:39 PM
1
       2       3              33       34       end




FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3              33       34       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password