Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · All good thing must end

jord217
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · All good thing must end

Hey guys.

So my wife and I made it back home last night. We were on the road for 210 days and put about 45,000 miles on the car I'm not too sure what I'm going to do with myself but I got the travel bug, BAD. We have some plans to go abroad near the end of summer but it's all up in the air right now.

If I'm certain for one thing it's that when I do work, it will be with the sole purpose of funding more traveling. After experiencing what I did there's just no way I can stay tied down at one place for the next 40 years of my life. Hopefully we just hit the lottery ; )

So I have two shots to post. The first one is from Lower Antelope. We decided to re-visit here one more time before heading back home. I think the 2 hour photo price went up. Last time I was here I thought it was around 20 dollars but this time it was 42. Planned on spending 4 hours in there but I didn't have enough cash. Just as well though, it was hotter than hell.

STAY CALM by jmarshphoto, on Flickr

The shot below was from the drive back home. We passed Denver airport just as that tornado they had there a few days ago touched down. We had to drive through quite a storm to get to camp. When we finally made it through, we noticed another storm system forming in front of us. It happened to be right over the exit we needed to take to get to camp. By this time, a tail cloud that was about a mile long had formed and was feeding this huge updraft of clouds. I've never been around these parts during storm season and I have never witnessed a storm like this in my life. It seemed to have all the makings of a tornado, even though one never materialized. Still, I got goosebumps just looking at this thing. I shot here until it decided to dump rain and hail on us. We were almost blown off the highway a few times trying to retreat to the closest McDonald's. It was one heck of a way to end the trip.

PLEASE DON'T SMITE ME. by jmarshphoto, on Flickr

Edited on Jun 26, 2013 at 06:57 PM · View previous versions

Jun 22, 2013 at 02:35 PM
ccho
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · All good thing must end

Really dramatic storm system, glad you escaped safely! The Antelope Canyon photo is great too

Jun 22, 2013 at 02:43 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · All good thing must end

Hmmm, 45k miles, 210 days and 2-Photos I think you are holding out on us

Welcome back!

Some very pleasing hues and lines in #1 and man O man that is a dramatic sky and one worth stopping for to appreciate and give respect to. Glad you didn't get the worst of its powers, really awesome and threatening looking formation.

Take care in your travels to come...
Karl

Jun 22, 2013 at 03:29 PM
Mpexuz

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · All good thing must end

Beautiful images (here and in Flickr)and congratulations for the 210 days on the road, a dream most of us will never get to do

Jun 22, 2013 at 03:46 PM
philber
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · All good thing must end

What Karl wrote so well...

Jun 22, 2013 at 03:46 PM
jord217
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · All good thing must end

Thanks guys. I'm going to do a "best of" in my blog of our favorite places/hikes in a week or so. I think I'll do a post on here with some thoughts and a recap of my trip. I guess the only bonus to being home is that I can take a shower every day instead of every 5 days!

Jun 22, 2013 at 03:54 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · All good thing must end

Hello Jordan!

Amazing, Amazing, and Amazing!
I am speechless indeed.
Your False Kiva shot -- I have never seen such a dramatic photo of the False Kiva .. Yes, I went through your photos.
From the two posts here.. I like the second photo a lot.
Bravo and welcome back.

Kee

Jun 22, 2013 at 04:13 PM
ScottHM
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · All good thing must end

210 Days...Wow...sounds like one great trip..I could deal with showering once every 5 days for that. That second shot is fantastic...but retreating to a McDonald's...not sure if that's where I'd want my last minutes to be. Look forward to see what else you have in store.

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:22 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · All good thing must end

Hey Jordan,

That was one cool trip you took! I like both of your shots, and though the sky looks good in #1, I wonder what the shot would look like with the sky cropped out of it? And #2... man... that is one amazing storm! I wish I had been in Denver at the time, but you really nailed that shot. And B&W works perfectly for it.

Jim

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM
zeelichsheng
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · All good thing must end

210 days of travelling! Simply one word: jealous

Jun 23, 2013 at 03:04 AM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · All good thing must end

Good shots. In 1978, I took my family on a 6 week trip out west and fell in love with it. When I retired (age 52), we bought a motor home and have been traveling much of the time for the past 18 years. I recommend it highly.

Jun 23, 2013 at 07:45 AM
kwilliam8
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · All good thing must end

Jordan, the storm image is great! Many of your Flickr images are outstanding. Would love to see you post more images here!
Keith W.

Jun 23, 2013 at 02:55 PM
harshaj1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · All good thing must end

I wish I could do that much travelling. The memories and the experience is priceless.
Wonderful shot of the canyon and the last image is dramatic. Glad you escape the storm.
Harsha

Jun 23, 2013 at 03:22 PM
Ben Horne
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · All good thing must end

Both are very dramatic shots, though the second in particular really stands out. That storm looks like a massive genie is being summoned. Great shots, and I love the aspect ratio.

Jun 23, 2013 at 07:19 PM
Justin Grimm
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · All good thing must end

Im a sucker for panos and these are both fantastic. Id love a shot like #1 on my wall someday. Looking forward to seing you post more images. I'll be lurking!

Jun 26, 2013 at 09:04 AM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · All good thing must end

jord217 wrote:
Hey guys.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/9062682095_86cc500fd1_b.jpg
STAY CALM by jmarshphoto, on Flickr

awesome!

Jun 26, 2013 at 01:18 PM
voltaire
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · All good thing must end

#2 is simply spectacular although the circumstances surrounding it were scary nonetheless. Wish I could go on 210 days of traveling but I have to take a shower everyday. :-) Can't wait for your next set of photos.

Thanks for sharing.

Jun 26, 2013 at 02:16 PM
Brad Williams
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · All good thing must end

Jordon, those are a couple of spectacular photos! Great Work!

Jul 18, 2013 at 01:04 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.