Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

bobbytan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

Was in Yosemite NP a couple of weeks ago with my daughter, so I didn't really do as much photography as I would have liked or would have done had I been with a bunch of just photographer-friends.

First set of 5 images.

E-M5    LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25/F1.4 lens    25mm    f/8.0    1/80s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

E-M5    LUMIX G VARIO 7-14/F4.0 lens    13mm    f/8.0    1/40s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

E-M5    9mm    f/8.0    200 ISO  

E-M5    LUMIX G VARIO 7-14/F4.0 lens    8mm    f/11.0    1/160s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

E-M5    LUMIX G VARIO 7-14/F4.0 lens    7mm    f/8.0    1/400s    200 ISO    -1.0 EV  

Edited on Jun 21, 2013 at 09:13 PM · View previous versions

Jun 21, 2013 at 06:43 PM
voltaire
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

Beautiful set, Bobby. Long shot of the hiker walking away from the edge is amazing.

Jun 21, 2013 at 07:13 PM
bigbendv

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

Very, very nice.

Jun 21, 2013 at 07:49 PM
bobbytan
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

Thank you guys! Sorry ... I had inadvertently posted too many images and they had to be taken down. The shot of the hiker on the overhang was one of them. Will repost the other images in Parts II and III over the next couple of days.

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

Amazing light. The first two are my personal favorite of the set.
Best,
Fred

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

Hey Bobby,

It looks like you had a cool trip to Yosemite. The first two are my favorites also, though I think the cyan cast in #2 is a bit too strong.

That's great that you are taking your daughter to Yosemite. It was always a joy for me to take my kids to places like Yosemite as they were growing up.

Jim

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Betacamman
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

Very nice! 2 and 5 are my favorites.

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM
bobbytan
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

Thank you guys! The first 3 images are HDR but you may have guessed it already. I had no choice as the lighting conditions were really not that great and the way I could pull those colors out is via Photomatix HDR.

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM
nikon65
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

These are outstanding !!!!

Todd

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM
zeelichsheng
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

The first two are fresh new perspectives.

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ScottHM
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

Very nice shots...OM-D has always impressed me...it'd probably be the small camera of my choice if I went that route.

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM
viczig
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

Beautiful series.

Vic

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:38 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

I love the first two images a lot. Refreshing to see a different perspective of this place.

Bobby, I wonder how well the OMD images scale up. Have you made any largish prints from the camera, say 30x40?

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:40 PM
bobbytan
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

Thanks guys!

@ Chez: No Harry, I have not ... but resolution-wise, I guess it's as good as any APS-C sensor 16MB file i.e. say a Canon 7D. I have always likened the OM-D to the 7D in terms of file quality.

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM
alatoo60
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

Bobby, beautiful images. No, I would not guessed that the first three are HDR as you did a great job making them look very natural.
Now, a question for you about the camera (as I'm going to get it or an upforecoming E-7): did you ever used it with regular-sized Zuiko lenzes?

Sasha.

Jun 22, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Tim Ashton
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

great light (3,4&5), love the processing

Jun 23, 2013 at 09:57 AM
bobbytan
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

Thank you, Sasha. Are you asking me if I have used the Olympus 4/3 lenses? No ... well, not really. I did try a couple of SWD lenses but didn't like the painfully slow AF on the OM-D nor the size and weight of these lenses which are more comparable to DSLR lenses. It would however make a lot of sense to use these 4/3 lenses if you already have them, especially for landscape photography where the slow AF would not matter. And it makes even more sense to get the E-7 or the rumored hybrid FT/MFT body which will allow you to use both sets of lenses w/o an adaptor. Even though I don't own any 4/3 lenses I am definitely very interested in getting the "high-end" FT/MFT body. I wouldn't mind a slightly bulkier/heavier body ala GH3 as it will be more comfortable to hold and use and the weight saving on the MFT lenses is still very substantial. So yeah, I am really looking forward to the FT/MFT body, and I may even pick up one of the phenomenal SWD lenses.

alatoo60 wrote:
Bobby, beautiful images. No, I would not guessed that the first three are HDR as you did a great job making them look very natural.
Now, a question for you about the camera (as I'm going to get it or an upforecoming E-7): did you ever used it with regular-sized Zuiko lenzes?

Sasha.

Jun 23, 2013 at 03:56 PM
bobbytan
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

Thank you, Tim!

Tim Ashton wrote:
great light (3,4&5), love the processing

Jun 23, 2013 at 03:58 PM
allstarimaging
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

Are you allowed to post images not taken with a Canon or Nikon in this forum . Great composition on these I'm sure it was nice to not lug around a pile of gear. Thanks for posting.
Jack

Jun 23, 2013 at 06:43 PM
bobbytan
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Yosemite through an OM-D - Part 1

I know what you mean. It took some guts. For sure, I wouldn't post anything on the Nature & Wildlife forum as the OM-D is ill-equipped to compete in that arena ... for now anyway.

allstarimaging wrote:
Are you allowed to post images not taken with a Canon or Nikon in this forum . Great composition on these I'm sure it was nice to not lug around a pile of gear. Thanks for posting.
Jack

Jun 23, 2013 at 08:01 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password