1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · BIF shooting with 300 f/2.8 IS II + 2xTC III

PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · BIF shooting with 300 f/2.8 IS II + 2xTC III

brimull wrote:
Good point. The limiter was on the full range. I'm sure that's a significant factor for the initial sluggishness.

On its "full" focusing distance limiter setting, 300 II + 2xTC III behaves similar to AF of 800L on "full" setting too, which is not very effective for variable distance BIF shooting.

Another hardware related factor which might come into play is that I have been using the combo on 1DX which has (-2 EV) AF point sensitivity. I understand your MkIV still has (-1 EV) AF sensitivity. That could make a very big difference in AF performance even in good light, obviously favouring 1DX.
(I only wish 1DX got the 6D center AF sensor).

Lastly, lest I forget, some of my shots were done using zone AF. I understand MkIV has no AF mode which compares in effectiveness to the Zone AF, for a specific set of target/background conditions. In other words, Zone AF is not a universal solution, but where it can work, then I believe it performs better than anything else from Canon.

Jun 23, 2013 at 06:30 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.