Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Mola demi speedring for Dylalite 400 UNI JR

pjny
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Mola demi speedring for Dylalite 400 UNI JR

Hi,

I saw a $400 (Mola) Dynalite SR-DE Soft Lite at BH Photo and wanted to see if there was a speedring that would allow me to mount my Uni 400 JR on a Mola Demi. Last time I checked I think the speedring for the 4040 did not work. Is there any way to mount the Uni 400 JR on a Mola? I was thinking of getting a beauty dish in the future and would like it to work with my Uni 400 JR and Acute2 heads.

Thanks?

Jun 21, 2013 at 02:53 PM
GlennPhoto

p.1 #2 · Mola demi speedring for Dylalite 400 UNI JR

The speedring for the 4040 will work on the Dynalite Uni400jr. However the flash tube will sit flush with the base of the Mola Demi. It will still work, but not quite as efficiently as the frosted domed head like the 4040.

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:05 AM
pjny
• •
p.1 #3 · Mola demi speedring for Dylalite 400 UNI JR

Thanks, Glenn. I remember that's what the salesman said when I asked at the camera store. Is it possible to add/make a frosted dome on the Uni400jr?

GlennPhoto wrote:
The speedring for the 4040 will work on the Dynalite Uni400jr. However the flash tube will sit flush with the base of the Mola Demi. It will still work, but not quite as efficiently as the frosted domed head like the 4040.

Jul 16, 2013 at 03:55 AM
GlennPhoto

p.1 #4 · Mola demi speedring for Dylalite 400 UNI JR

I don't think it's possible to add a frosted dome to the Uni400jr. I think you'll see a larger difference by varying the center diffuser. The Mola P.A.D. center diffuser allows a lot of light to pass through, so it's a harder light. They also sell a glass diffuser. I had a white plex diffuser made and "stacked" it slightly above the P.A.D. to give the Mola a soft/hard look.

Jul 25, 2013 at 02:18 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password