Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

end

Elinchrom Rotalux deep Octa: 27.5" or 39"?

pjny
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Elinchrom Rotalux deep Octa: 27.5" or 39"?

I have the Elinchrom Rotalux Speed Ring Adapter for Profoto attached to the 39"/100cm. Is there any way to attach the Translucent Deflector using the Profoto ring adapter? I see a thumbscrew on the speed ring but it doesn't permit mounting of the deflector. I read somewhere you can drill a hole on the speed ring.

Any advice on mounting the deflector?

Also, are there any cheaper alternatives to Lighttools grids?

Conner999 wrote:
As per tedwca - all Profoto Acute & Pro heads and the Compact monos have central holes for an umbrella/deflector rod, etc. Use them all the time. The D1s, however, do not. Like some monos, the hole is on top of the light, not adjacent to the tube and thus not accessible from inside a modifier.

Jun 27, 2013 at 07:09 AM
tedwca
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · Elinchrom Rotalux deep Octa: 27.5" or 39"?

If you are using the Elinchrom to Profoto adapter you will need to drill/file a hole in it or just remove the reflector altogether. You just remove the screws holding the silver reflector in and then remove it and put the screws back. It does not affect the quality of the light at all.

If you have the actual speedring they make for Profoto, I'm not sure how that fits, but you could probably drill a hole.

Jun 27, 2013 at 05:27 PM
Conner999
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · Elinchrom Rotalux deep Octa: 27.5" or 39"?

+1 on tedwca post - I just remove the deflector from the adapter - and put some loctite on the machine screws when you put back together. The adapter's reflector is useless anyway with Profoto heads.

As for grids for Eli boxes - I'm afraid as far as I know it's Lighttools. I love the way Eli boxes go together, but I actually transitioned away from them to Profoto, Chimera and some Rimelite/Dynalite because of their lack of grid options.

Jun 28, 2013 at 09:28 PM
       end

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password