Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Did Olympus stopped 4/3 body finally?

Sagar
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Did Olympus stopped 4/3 body finally?

May be I am reading too much but Olympus "flagship" DSLR E-5 seems to be going out of stock everywhere.

Adorama is not listing it at all, Serach for E-5 on Adorama results in m4/3 models. Its out of stock on Olympus own stores, Amazon (not sold by Amazon) for quite some time and seem to have limited quantities wherever it is still listed for sell.

Interestingly all 4/3 lenses including ones from Panasonic seem to be still available everywhere. I really hope and wish Olympus is working on mirror-less 4/3 body and continues 4/3 lens line. Those lenses are too good to get vanished...

Jun 20, 2013 at 07:06 PM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Did Olympus stopped 4/3 body finally?

It is listed as in stock for B&H Photo.

Rich

Jun 20, 2013 at 07:10 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Did Olympus stopped 4/3 body finally?

The rumor is that the next OM-D will be a 'pro' OM-D, and will natively take both 4/3 and m4/3 lenses. Whether it does this internally somehow or via a mirrored adapter I'm not sure. I would imagine it will be a Micro 4/3 camera with PDAF on sensor and the ability to use the 4/3 lenses via adapter at their native AF speed, but maybe it's more unique than that. There is some awfully good 4/3 glass, especially at the long end.

In the wide to medium telephoto range, I think it makes a lot more sense to use the native m4/3 glass due to size and frankly how good it is...but lenses like the 55-200 SWD and the 150mm f/2.0 would be awesome to use with m4/3 if they could focus as fast as a native 4/3 cam.

Jun 20, 2013 at 07:29 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password