Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Price lowered: Canon 24-70mm f/4L IS

bboule
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Price lowered: Canon 24-70mm f/4L IS

While this lens might be interesting I side with those who think it is too expensive.

It might be better than the 24-105 F/4L IS at 24mm but it sure looks like it is worse at just about every other focal length, and we would all have to decide on the tradeoff of having an extra 30mm more reach vs the interesting macro capabilities of the new lens.

I have the 24-105 and I can see it's flaws and you have to work around them, but it's a good walk around lens and this new lens certainly doesn't seem perfect, you just trade for a different set of flaws.

If I didn't have the 24-105 and needed a lens in this category AND I wanted the macro capability I'd get the 24-70... but I just sold my 100mm f/2.8 macro anyway.. so that would tell you which one of these zooms I'd pick...

Jun 24, 2013 at 01:43 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Price lowered: Canon 24-70mm f/4L IS

I've thought on this lens a lot, the new non-L IS primes recently released as well. I've a 24-85 that's worked out great for 10 plus years, and for my shooting when buying a zoom I've always made sure they 'overlapped' each other as there are usually some negatives at the extremes.

With a sharp 17-40L and 70-200 f4L IS in my kit, experience with the 24-85, I'll upgrade to the 24-105...for the overlap, comfort that will provide. I've also seen the images from many here on FM and worked with images from the 24-105...it just fits better with my style of shooting.

Plus I've no need for it's 'macro' abilities, a 100L IS is in my kit...and I rarely leave home without it

Jun 24, 2013 at 02:59 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password