New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · "Thar She Blows!"

Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · "Thar She Blows!"

Okay- Old Faithful Geezer (sic) in Yellowstone National Park is reliable enough to have a schedule of estimated "Blows-its-cork" times.
Okay- On a summer day you will probably be joined by dozens (maybe hundreds) of other touri.
Okay- it's a sightseeing cliché.
Yet the first time you see and hear it, you will be awed.
But getting a decent shot of Old Faithful hasn't been easy for me- and many others.
I sorta like this one, and the conversion went okay, also.

Charlie Shugart 2013

Old Faithful Geyser

Jun 18, 2013 at 08:25 PM
alrac
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · "Thar She Blows!"

It's amazing how you make it look like there not hordes of people. The bit I like best is all the signs on the walking paths warning against falling into the various boiling hot thingies, because they look like "cook your children here".

Jun 18, 2013 at 09:19 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · "Thar She Blows!"

alrac wrote:
It's amazing how you make it look like there not hordes of people. The bit I like best is all the signs on the walking paths warning against falling into the various boiling hot thingies, because they look like "cook your children here".

Thanks for commenting.
The truth is that tragedy sometimes strikes at the hot pools (not so much at the geysers).
One summer I was there and a ranger told me that three park employees had been partying among the hot springs. They raced each other back to their car, fell into a hot spring, and all three died.
The signs are serious because it's a serious place.
Charlie

Jun 21, 2013 at 01:17 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.