Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7      
       9       10       11       end

I'm Nikons latest victim.

BenV
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #1 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

Just noticed the thread went from my camera body, now to my lens. At this rate, by page 10 or so, I'll be complaining about my tripod not working

Jul 01, 2013 at 09:22 PM
MikeW
• • •
p.8 #2 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

If you have a lens that can't focus accurately from left/centre/right how can that be claimed as working correctly? A firmware update isn't what is needed, you need a replacement. Others have the same lens with the same body & they don't have this issue.

I got one just like yours btw, sent it back same day, maybe you got it

Jul 01, 2013 at 09:47 PM
geniousc
• • •
p.8 #3 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

BenV wrote:
Just noticed the thread went from my camera body, now to my lens. At this rate, by page 10 or so, I'll be complaining about my tripod not working

The camera repair is history, we may even get your wife in here if it keeps going. Does she shoot Nikon too?

Edited on Jul 01, 2013 at 10:59 PM · View previous versions

Jul 01, 2013 at 10:20 PM
dale keith

Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #4 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

SPTS are great for service and pricing. I use them for all camera and lens repairs.

Jul 01, 2013 at 10:24 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.8 #5 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

Sorry aboput the hijack. It was NOT intentional. Anyway, what's wrong with the tripod?

Jul 02, 2013 at 01:33 AM
Yamil R. Sued
• •
p.8 #6 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

BenV wrote:
Pretty much. It's weird that some users with the D800/Sigma 35 have no problems, while others do. I asked the rep "So I'm stuck with the problem, unless I buy the USB dock, which isn't even available?"

To which they replied:
"Hello Ben,
At the moment the firmware isnít available either but when it is we will update it for you should you choose not to purchase the USB dock.
Yours Truly,
Paul Pizzano
Sigma Corporation of America"

Well,

At least Nikon repaired your body, you didn't like what they wrote up the repair, but they DID repair it and it had lots of main components repaired.

Here, you have a so-so reply, saying that "MAYBE" they will have a fix for your problem and that you have to buy a USB Dock to be able to install the fix "IF" and ONLY "IF" they come up with a fix!!!

Now, who has customer service issues??

Jul 02, 2013 at 02:50 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.8 #7 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

or you have the option of sending it in for the update.

Jul 02, 2013 at 02:55 PM
Guari
• • •
p.8 #8 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

Send the lens back to sigma, it will come back with the "update" and working.. same thing happened with me...

Jul 02, 2013 at 03:04 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.8 #9 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

Yamil R. Sued wrote:
Well,

At least Nikon repaired your body, you didn't like what they wrote up the repair, but they DID repair it and it had lots of main components repaired.

Here, you have a so-so reply, saying that "MAYBE" they will have a fix for your problem and that you have to buy a USB Dock to be able to install the fix "IF" and ONLY "IF" they come up with a fix!!!

Now, who has customer service issues??

The difference is Sigma isn't claiming impact damage and charging for repairs. Nikon is. Sigma is willing to do it for free since it's a defect. Nikon should have done the same.

Jul 02, 2013 at 03:19 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.8 #10 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

Guari wrote:
Send the lens back to sigma, it will come back with the "update" and working.. same thing happened with me...

Yeah, I'll be sending it in, again.

Jul 02, 2013 at 03:19 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Yamil R. Sued
• •
p.8 #11 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

BenV wrote:
The difference is Sigma isn't claiming impact damage and charging for repairs. Nikon is. Sigma is willing to do it for free since it's a defect. Nikon should have done the same.

Ben, hate to break it to you, but your body was bent!!

Mount and body front??

You do NOT get that from day to day use

Something bad happened to that body.

I don't think you abused it, but they don't go changing those parts during Ana "A" repair

Jul 02, 2013 at 03:33 PM
Guari
• • •
p.8 #12 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

Yamil R. Sued wrote:

Mount and body front??

I don't think you abused it, but they don't go changing those parts during Ana "A" repair

Doesn't make a difference now, does it? let the man be in peace, he has a working camera now, after all

Jul 02, 2013 at 03:44 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.8 #13 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

Yamil R. Sued wrote:

Mount and body front??

The problem is this body, I've owned it since new. Some things just don't add up.

Jul 02, 2013 at 03:49 PM
M Lucca
• • •
p.8 #14 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

Avoid Slam Bam thank you Ma'am approach with Nikon bodies. Take it slow and gentle when mounting lens.

Jul 02, 2013 at 04:02 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.8 #15 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

M Lucca wrote:
Avoid Slam Bam thank you Ma'am approach with Nikon bodies. Take it slow and gentle when mounting lens.

I always take caution with my camera equipment, I'm telling you guys this thing was not abused at all. That's the whole point why I was upset. Something else is going on here.

Jul 02, 2013 at 04:08 PM
Yamil R. Sued
• •
p.8 #16 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

BenV wrote:
I always take caution with my camera equipment, I'm telling you guys this thing was not abused at all. That's the whole point why I was upset. Something else is going on here.

Well, I know one of the Top Techs in Melville, give me your Work Order Number and I will ask him to look into it, but and I will let you know what he says.

It is all recorded, when they replace a part it comes off inventory, it is all documented!!

Y

Jul 02, 2013 at 05:21 PM
Yamil R. Sued
• •
p.8 #17 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

BenV wrote:
The problem is this body, I've owned it since new. Some things just don't add up.

Yes, I have owned Nikon cameras since new since 1979, If the Mount is Bent and the Body Front is bent that required to be replaced....

That ADDS UP!!

Jul 02, 2013 at 05:22 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.8 #18 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

Yamil R. Sued wrote:
Well, I know one of the Top Techs in Melville, give me your Work Order Number and I will ask him to look into it, but and I will let you know what he says.

It is all recorded, when they replace a part it comes off inventory, it is all documented!!

Y

Check it out S/O# 6163176

Jul 02, 2013 at 05:22 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.8 #19 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

Yamil R. Sued wrote:

How does it add up? The body has never been mistreated, dropped, or abused. It has 0 scratches on it. But some how all that damage was done to it?

Jul 02, 2013 at 05:24 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
p.8 #20 · I'm Nikons latest victim.

Methinks Nikon slimmed down the metal casting to save weight, and they went too thin. Now it's coming back to bite them.

Jul 02, 2013 at 06:48 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password