Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              10      
11
       end
  

Archive 2013 · I'm Nikons latest victim.
  
 
monochrome
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #1 · p.11 #1 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


Yamil R. Sued wrote:
Quick question...

Do you know that all this is true??

The OP didn't get his camera fixed!!

Why should we take his word and automatically Dismiss Nikon as a Crooked company??

I have been an NPS Member for over 26 Years, I have yet to get a bad Repair Diagnosis form them, even when I trashed an F4 with the Concussion of a .50 BMG Rifle!! They fixed it over and over until they finally gave me a Refurb Body when they couldn't fix it anymore!!


Yamil, you have talked about service you got years ago. Just curious, when was the last time you sent something for service? Not sure if I have missed a post, stating that. A lot of those that are posting/talking about what Nikon is doing has been within the last 12 months or so. Around the time that Nikon changed service repair procedures.

Just curious, it's great that you have gotten excellent service, but when someone post that they have not. I have no reason to not believe them unless they have shown in the past to "make up stories".



Jul 23, 2013 at 12:46 AM
curious80
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #2 · p.11 #2 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


Yamil R. Sued wrote:
Quick question...

Do you know that all this is true??

The OP didn't get his camera fixed!!

Why should we take his word and automatically Dismiss Nikon as a Crooked company??

I have been an NPS Member for over 26 Years, I have yet to get a bad Repair Diagnosis form them, even when I trashed an F4 with the Concussion of a .50 BMG Rifle!! They fixed it over and over until they finally gave me a Refurb Body when they couldn't fix it anymore!!


With all due respect, just the fact that you haven't had any trouble with Nikon service doesn't mean that those who are having issues are just making it up. OP is not the only one who has faced this issue, there have been a number of recent threads from people having a similar experience as OP. I don't think anyone is claiming that everyone is being treated this way, however looking at the past threads it is clear that this is more than a single isolated incident. There is no reason to believe that all these posters are just coming up with stories any more than saying that you are making up stories of your good experiences.



Jul 23, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Yamil R. Sued
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #3 · p.11 #3 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


rattymouse wrote:
Where there is smoke, there is fire.



Absolutely!!

But, Like you

1- I don't know the OP, I know Nikon

2- I haven't seen his camera, I have dealt with Nikon for 26 years

3- The OP had his camera Returned without Repair, WHY??

Yes, He dared me to Contact Nikon with his Work Order Number, I did!! I pointed them to this thread...

I asked them about this particular issue.

Yes, They DO read these forums!!

You know, you catch more flies with Sugar & Honey!!!

They have treated me over the years with great respect and I appreciate it.

Now, can YOU stake your reputation on information YOU read online?? I don't!! I stake MY reputation on MY experiences and things I can prove!!

The OP CAN NOT PROVE ANYTHING!! I am sorry for his experience, but MY experience is Different than his!!

Coming on this post and speculating on something nobody has REAL experience with is irresponsible and just repeating Hearsay!!.




Jul 23, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Yamil R. Sued
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #4 · p.11 #4 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


curious80 wrote:
With all due respect, just the fact that you haven't had any trouble with Nikon service doesn't mean that those who are having issues are just making it up. OP is not the only one who has faced this issue, there have been a number of recent threads from people having a similar experience as OP. I don't think anyone is claiming that everyone is being treated this way, however looking at the past threads it is clear that this is more than a single isolated incident. There is no reason to believe that all these posters are just coming
...Show more

All I ask is Concrete Proof!! Something you can take to court!! YOU can't go to court with "I read it on Fred Miranda" because you WILL fe fount NOT CREDIBLE!!

Flinging Accusations online is NOT the way to go about it!!

Y



Jul 23, 2013 at 12:58 AM
curious80
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #5 · p.11 #5 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


Yamil R. Sued wrote:
All I ask is Concrete Proof!! Something you can take to court!! YOU can't go to court with "I read it on Fred Miranda" because you WILL fe fount NOT CREDIBLE!!

Flinging Accusations online is NOT the way to go about it!!

Y


I want the proof that you never had any bad incident while dealing with Nikon Service, why should I believe you?



Jul 23, 2013 at 01:03 AM
Yamil R. Sued
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #6 · p.11 #6 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


curious80 wrote:
I want the proof that you never had any bad incident while dealing with Nikon Service, why should I believe you?



That's it, YOU CAN't!!

Why should you NOT believe me and choose to Believer ANYONE saying ANYTHING bad about ANYONE??

Be as skeptical with tEVERYONE!!!

THAT will get you more!!


If you go to Nikon or ANYONE flinging accusations, you will get NOWHERE FAST!!

Back in 07, I sent a Canon 1DMKIIn to CPS, it was a Refurb with NO Warranty!!

I called in the next day and spoke with a CPS Rep in CA, we chatted it up for a while and he figured out what was wrong, he fixed it for FREE because the body looked nice and shipped it to my location at the Nationals in Tulsa, also for free!! Why, because I was nice about it!!




Jul 23, 2013 at 01:08 AM
Jesse Giammatt
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #7 · p.11 #7 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


I sent my 70-200 in, i taped the receipt to the lens with my contact info. 2 weeks later get a note in the mail billing me for 500 even though it was in warranty. I call and they say they have no record of my receipt (even though it was taped to the lens with the other piece of paper with my info).
I fax them one over though.
4 weeks later I call, they still havent touched it. They are waiting for parts and have no idea when it will be fixed.
Had to have it sent back, will send it to them again next off season.

Oh, and i've purchased 2 D700s. BOTH had the hot shoe go out just after warranty expired.

Not impressed with Nikon service or quality control at all



Jul 23, 2013 at 01:19 AM
rattymouse
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #8 · p.11 #8 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


I have seen enough stories in this thread and MANY others to know that Nikon is ready to rip off their customers.


Jul 23, 2013 at 01:23 AM
BenV
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #9 · p.11 #9 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


Yamil R. Sued wrote:
Quick question...

Do you know that all this is true??

The OP didn't get his camera fixed!!

Why should we take his word and automatically Dismiss Nikon as a Crooked company??

I have been an NPS Member for over 26 Years, I have yet to get a bad Repair Diagnosis form them, even when I trashed an F4 with the Concussion of a .50 BMG Rifle!! They fixed it over and over until they finally gave me a Refurb Body when they couldn't fix it anymore!!


pretty sure you're just trolling, and don't read the thread at all... I got my camera fixed. Learnt to read please.



Jul 23, 2013 at 01:23 AM
curious80
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #10 · p.11 #10 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


Yamil R. Sued wrote:
That's it, YOU CAN't!!

Why should you NOT believe me and choose to Believer ANYONE saying ANYTHING bad about ANYONE??

Be as skeptical with tEVERYONE!!!

THAT will get you more!!

If you go to Nikon or ANYONE flinging accusations, you will get NOWHERE FAST!!

Back in 07, I sent a Canon 1DMKIIn to CPS, it was a Refurb with NO Warranty!!

I called in the next day and spoke with a CPS Rep in CA, we chatted it up for a while and he figured out what was wrong, he fixed it for FREE because the body looked nice and shipped it to my
...Show more

As for being skeptical, of course no one would form an opinion about Nikon service based on just a single incident. The reason people are willing to accept these incidents as fact is because there have been a number of similar incidents reported by different people and we do no have any reason to think that they are all in a conspiracy together to sabotage Nikon's reputation. Again that does not mean that no one is getting good service from Nikon, however all the reports combined do suggest that somewhere something is going wrong.

Also what makes you think that others have not tried the polite route. If you had gone through some of the threads you will see that many posters with similar issues have patiently tried to engage people in Nikon politely but didn't get a favorable response.

Anyways I am sure that the overwhelming majority must be getting good service from Nikon like you are and I understand that as someone who has always got good service from Nikon, you would find it hard to believe that others are not getting the same level of service. However I would say you should be open to the possibility that not everyone might be sharing your experience. Thats all from my side on this topic, have a good day!



Jul 23, 2013 at 01:24 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Yamil R. Sued
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #11 · p.11 #11 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


BenV wrote:
pretty sure you're just trolling, and don't read the thread at all... I got my camera fixed. Learnt to read please.


Didn't you say it was sent back unrepaired??

YOu lost me there!!

NOT Trolling, but I guess the majority is in charge, I let the Lynch Mob continue then!!

Good Luck!!!



Jul 23, 2013 at 01:28 AM
form
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #12 · p.11 #12 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


I am going to try to sell this recent body today, meeting with someone. They know the cam has the AF issue on the left side. I'm taking another loss because I let my poor judgment and sense of urgency get the best of me and lead me to buy from someone who did NOT test the camera...

Really, anyone who owns a D800 should at least test their D800 camera for focus issues. It's too widespread to not do so, and it leads to situations just like the one I'm in now. Dissatisfied, either sell at a loss or go through Nikon repair and pray.

If you know a particular camera body design has a serious flaw that shows up in a great number of the manufactured camera bodies, it's only appropriate that you at least test it BEFORE selling it to someone.



Jul 23, 2013 at 03:37 PM
BenV
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #13 · p.11 #13 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


Yamil R. Sued wrote:
Didn't you say it was sent back unrepaired??

YOu lost me there!!

NOT Trolling, but I guess the majority is in charge, I let the Lynch Mob continue then!!

Good Luck!!!


No, I said that they WOULD send it back unrepaired (if I didn't want to pay). I replied to a comment someone else made. Read the whole post.



Jul 23, 2013 at 04:01 PM
kwoodard
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #14 · p.11 #14 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


I have been less than impressed with Nikon service. They are incredibly slow. They had my D7000 for almost 3 months to replace a sensor and fix the oil drops on sensor issue. I didn't have to pay for the repair, my local camera store did (they damaged the sensor while cleaning, that tech is no longer a tech). The repair was fine, but they were terrible to deal with, slow as molasses, and rather rude about the whole deal. They even treated the camera store poorly (I was in a 3-way call with Nikon and the camera store, the customer service person was worse than Geek Squad). With the prices they sell things for, I kind of expect good support (like Mercedes), not 18 year old kid at an internet cafe.


Jul 23, 2013 at 04:43 PM
form
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #15 · p.11 #15 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


Which service center did you have trouble with?

I sold the D800 today for $100 less than I paid a week ago. I keep losing every time I buy Nikon. Even on the one (out of three) that was good, I lost $800.

Still, I absolutely need to have an alternative to the horrid shadow noise of Canon sensors. That's the only reason I keep going through this crap.

A good D800 is THAT good...because Canon sensors are THAT bad. And the 5d3 AF has that really bad AF delay and inaccuracy in moderate/low light. It's worse than my 5d2s, which are really fairly accurate and fast in low light with AF assist...but still have really ugly shadow noise.



Jul 23, 2013 at 06:25 PM
kwoodard
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #16 · p.11 #16 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


I was sent to the Southern California service center. It was a very sad deal and left a poor taste in my mouth. I still can't believe how long it took to be serviced...3 months. 3 months and zero explanation as to why. All we (the store and I) got from them was essentially, "We will get to it when we get to it."


Jul 23, 2013 at 06:47 PM
BenV
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #17 · p.11 #17 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


Mine was sent to the one in New York, turn around time was decent, 2 1/2 weeks or so.


Jul 23, 2013 at 06:50 PM
form
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #18 · p.11 #18 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


Good to know which ones people had good/bad experiences with. There should be a sticky for people to post their Nikon experiences and which location they shipped to.

I sold my D800 today, with full disclosure about the AF issue. Just bought another D800 straight from Adorama with 30-day return policy.

I want the camera...I just want it to not have stupid problems that any retarded corporation should know better than to ignore in a mass-produced item.




Jul 23, 2013 at 08:17 PM
kwoodard
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #19 · p.11 #19 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


form wrote:
I want the camera...I just want it to not have stupid problems that any retarded corporation should know better than to ignore in a mass-produced item.



Thats how I felt about the oil spitting D7000 (and now the D600). I didn't get resolution until after warranty and the store damaging my gear. Until that point, I had to clean my sensor constantly (in less than 1700 actuations, I had the sensor cleaned 37 times).



Jul 23, 2013 at 09:22 PM
form
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #20 · p.11 #20 · I'm Nikons latest victim.


I would be frustrated with such an issue...just like I'm annoyed at having to buy so many D800s to get a good one (to keep).

I have had two bad, one good so far...I really, REALLY should never have sold the first good one. Absolutely the worst decision I made about cameras so far.



Jul 23, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1       2       3              10      
11
       end




FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              10      
11
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password