Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       6       7       8       end

Archive 2013 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

chmod

Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

voltaire wrote:
I called them yesterday and they said five to seven business days. I haven't even received the UPS label. Called them again this morning and they said UPS is back-logged. Never heard that excuse for a shipping label. I will wait until end of day and call them back again about the pre-printed label.

They email you the link to download the shipping label. Perhaps it was caught in a SPAM filter? Or, at least, that was my experience.

regards,

chmod

Jun 25, 2013 at 07:13 PM
voltaire
• • •
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Chmod, it wasn't in my spam filter at all. They looked at it and they said it was still active and in queue. I'll try calling them again before UPS picks up. Funny part is their customer service survey already showed up in my email this morning but no label yet so I told Canon Customer Service I'm not going to fill in the survey until I get the label so its a fair assessment. :-)

Jun 25, 2013 at 07:17 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Yersterday, I sent an email to them first enquiring about their readiness to perform the service.
I received their reply yesterday around 3 pm saying it was OK to bring the camera in.
I removed the battery, memory cards and the eyepiece from the camera around 9:45 this morning.
I hit the road at 10:10 am today, and got to Canon by 11 a.m.
On the way we also stopped for a cup of coffee. It started to rain and humidity was quite high.
Canon folks said that they should be able to ship the camera back to me tonight.
I said that was OK.
I also asked their manager if there was a way for me to get 200-400L soon.
I was promised enquiries would be made, but the case didn't look very hopeful.
Driving back home was OK because the rain had stopped.
We listened to my favourite radio station "The voice of Quatar".
We got home around 12:30 p.m.
When I receive my fixed 1DX from Canon, hopefully tomorrow, I shall try to give you a bit more comprehensive report.

Jun 25, 2013 at 07:22 PM
Artstar

Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

For those in Australia who are looking to get this preventative measure performed, I submitted mine at their North Ryde (Sydney) service centre on Monday (24th) and it was ready for collection in 24 hours.

What amazed me more was that they didn't ask for my receipt, considering my fear was that it was purchased while I was living in the UK last year. Not sure if that was an accident or not but nevertheless, kudos to Canon for looking after my beast. I'll be collecting it tomorrow since I haven't been able to the past two days. Hopefully whatever excess amount of lubricant has found its way to a safer place to avoid any spatter on any of the critical optical components.

Jun 26, 2013 at 02:29 PM
voltaire
• • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Update: Camera is on it's way to Canon. UPS picked it up yesterday afternoon and Canon came through with their word to wait a few hours more. Impatient me. :-)

Jun 26, 2013 at 07:27 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Here is an update from me too.
Purolator hasn't shown up with my camera yet, however, sometimes their deliveries are as late as 6 pm, and it is barely past 4 pm here now.

I'll give them another 1/2 hour, and then I am phoning Canon in order to find out what the status is. While I am waiting, I am sipping well chilled strawberry/austrian chocolate/Madeira port smoothie (my own recipe), and listening to the Voice of Quatar's classical music hour.

Jun 26, 2013 at 08:15 PM
roboticspro
• • •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Hi Peter,

PetKal wrote:
I am sipping well chilled strawberry/austrian chocolate/Madeira port smoothie (my own recipe), and listening to the Voice of Quatar's classical music hour.

Man, that sounds good (the smoothie); Voice of Quatar is one of those acquired tastes...

I'm finally back home for a bit...see you around FM!

Regards,

Edd

Jun 26, 2013 at 08:25 PM
NCAndy
• • •
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Sent mine in on Thursday and it came back on Tuesday. So I guess they got it on Friday and shipped it back out on Monday.

Jun 26, 2013 at 08:26 PM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

PetKal wrote:
Purolator hasn't shown up with my camera yet, however, sometimes their deliveries are as late as 6 pm, and it is barely past 4 pm here now.

I'll give them another 1/2 hour, and then I am phoning Canon in order to find out what the status is. While I am waiting, I am sipping well chilled strawberry/austrian chocolate/Madeira port smoothie (my own recipe), and listening to the Voice of Quatar's classical music hour.

A very welcome respite for your overworked 'pijuns' as a by product. Hope it's returned "... in good working order.."

It's ironic that, here, Purolator is known for their auto products including oil filters.

Db

Jun 26, 2013 at 09:43 PM
gandini

p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Got mine back today. I'm a CPS member but no fancy status... Sent to Irvine last Tuesday, received this week Wednesday. For a non-pro schmuck I think that's reasonable. Unfortunately no paperwork with the returned camera, so called up Service and they read me the same sentence everyone here has been quoting. Basically preventative measures taken, camera to spec. Blah, blah.
In the end, they sprayed some lube on a part, and sent it back having checked a few things (camera came back in Av, f22, single shot, one-shot drive mode-- which is not how it left me.) So preventative it was and all is good, I hope and expect.

Jun 27, 2013 at 01:28 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

gandini wrote:
Got mine back today. I'm a CPS member but no fancy status... Sent to Irvine last Tuesday, received this week Wednesday. For a non-pro schmuck I think that's reasonable. Unfortunately no paperwork with the returned camera, so called up Service and they read me the same sentence everyone here has been quoting. Basically preventative measures taken, camera to spec. Blah, blah.
In the end, they sprayed some lube on a part, and sent it back having checked a few things (camera came back in Av, f22, single shot, one-shot drive mode-- which is not how it left me.) So preventative
...Show more

I had paper work for mine, saying they cleaned and relubricated mirror drive assembly.

Jun 27, 2013 at 01:34 AM
Deborah Kolt
• •
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Turnaround is quick here in Virginia. I shipped it out via FedEx (Platinum CPS) Monday. Arrived in Newport News Tuesday. They shipped it back to me this afternoon (Wednesday) for delivery tomorrow. They're well within the usual Platinum turnaround schedule.

Jun 27, 2013 at 03:03 AM
Deborah Kolt
• •
p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

PetKal wrote:

Peter, any thoughts on the abdication in Qatar?

Jun 27, 2013 at 03:05 AM
gvg45
• • •
p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

gandini wrote:
In the end, they sprayed some lube on a part, and sent it back having checked a few things (camera came back in Av, f22, single shot, one-shot drive mode-- which is not how it left me.) So preventative
...Show more

I'd request the paperwork emailed to you to have for future reference or in case at some point down the road you decide to sell your body. I'm sure used buyers of this camera will now be asking if this advisory has been performed and the paperwork would be helpful.

Jun 27, 2013 at 02:18 PM
Deborah Kolt
• •
p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Mine came back this morning with rather more detail, but that may be because it was exhibiting obvious symptoms.

"Your product has been examined and it was found that the adjustment of the AF assembly was incorrect. Mechanical & electrical adjustments were carried out on the AF assembly, preventive measure have been applied and product functions were confirmed. The shutter count is 101,762. If any functional failures occur with this unit, please return this unit with all accessories, including memory cards, and a brief description of the problem, for further inspection.

Oh, and everything was reset, including the date. Resetting factory defaults is standard, but I can't remember when the date was reset. They clearly did a thorough job. But then, I even had particles in the battery area.

Jun 27, 2013 at 03:18 PM
rddelliott
• • •
p.5 #16 · p.5 #16 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Got mine back today from Irvine. Service Details: " Your product was examined and it was found that the mirror required lubrication. Grease was applied to the mirror. Product functions were confirmed." I guess I have a greasy mirror now.

Edited on Jun 28, 2013 at 12:24 AM · View previous versions

Jun 27, 2013 at 09:32 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.5 #17 · p.5 #17 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

I got my 1DX back from Canon this morning.
This is the statement of their findings as well as the subsequent corrective measures taken. (As a courtesy to me and out of respect for my ancestry, they have translated it into Italian for my easy comprehension):

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pulvinar neque eu lectus volutpat at porta tellus dapibus. Fusce lobortis eros vel mauris viverra elementum. Nunc ac nunc erat, sit amet iaculis odio. Pellentesque tempor urna eu velit laoreet volutpat."

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM
dehowie
• • •
p.5 #18 · p.5 #18 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

I see everyone rushing to have there bodies serviced.
A separate question..does anyone know anyone or heard of ANY 1Dx's having the reported issue?
Ive not seen anything from anyone anywhere reporting the issue for the service.
I mean given the slightest imperfection in a Canon pro body AF module and id imagine it would of n
Been on the net faster than the speed of heat.
Both mine have near enough to 100K without missing a beat. Last thing im doing is fixing something that works perfectly and isnt broken.
Ive heard plenty more stories of LCD's spattered with lubricant than I have heard of 1Dx AF problems..

Jun 28, 2013 at 12:17 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.5 #19 · p.5 #19 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

dehowie wrote:
A separate question..does anyone know anyone or heard of ANY 1Dx's having the reported issue?
I mean given the slightest imperfection in a Canon pro body AF module and id imagine it would of n

Both mine have near enough to 100K without missing a beat.

Last thing im doing is fixing something that works perfectly and isnt broken.
Ive heard plenty more stories of LCD's spattered with lubricant than I have heard of
...Show more

That is a nice little haiku......it even rhymes.

I guess you are not having yours checked/lubricated, since you seem to have done your own assessment that the lubrication of your cameras was done quite adequately ?

(Incidentally, some forms of heat propagation are fast, some others are low speed.)

Jun 28, 2013 at 01:17 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.5 #20 · p.5 #20 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

dehowie wrote:
Both mine have near enough to 100K without missing a beat. Last thing im doing is fixing something that works perfectly and isnt broken.
Ive heard plenty more stories of LCD's spattered with lubricant than I have heard of
...Show more

What part of Canon's statement don't you understand

In some units of the models listed below, there is a POSSIBILITY that the following phenomena MAY OCCUR due to wear caused by insufficient lubrication within the camera’s driving mechanism.

If your car's engine has insufficient lubrication, there is a POSSIBILITY that your engine MAY SEIZE UP. It may take a few thousand kilometres before it happens. Do you want to risk it? Some people believe in preventive maintenance.

Jun 28, 2013 at 01:45 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password