Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5              7       8       end

Archive 2013 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Doctorbird wrote:
Just says "... preventive measures have been applied. Product functions were confirmed. ..."!!??

i.e. resistance is futile.

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:26 AM
joonrhee
• •
p.4 #2 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Doctorbird wrote:
Black dot here too. Serviced at Canon Hollywood. Less than 24 hours turn around.

Just says "... preventive measures have been applied. Product functions were confirmed. ..."!!??

Db

Where is canon hollywood?? When did you drop it off?

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:31 AM
tfoltz
• • • • • •
p.4 #3 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Doctorbird wrote:
Black dot here too. Serviced at Canon Hollywood. Less than 24 hours turn around.

Db

The camera is lubed up and ready to go

I'm still waiting to hear from Canon Irvine

Jun 21, 2013 at 01:14 AM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.4 #4 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

joonrhee wrote:
Where is canon hollywood?? When did you drop it off?

At 6060 Sunset Blvd. Recently opened to service mainly the cine group in the area but has a service facility. It's restricted to CPS members on an appointment only basis.

Took it in yesterday about 4pm and picked up at 4 pm today - hence 24 hrs.

Db

Jun 21, 2013 at 03:09 AM
joonrhee
• •
p.4 #5 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

That is good to know!! I'm a gold member and will look forward to visiting that place next time.

Jun 21, 2013 at 03:16 AM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.4 #6 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

jcolwell wrote:
i.e. resistance is futile.

Jim, I think I comprehend.

Db

Jun 21, 2013 at 03:26 AM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.4 #7 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

tfoltz wrote:
The camera is lubed up and ready to go

I'm still waiting to hear from Canon Irvine

Hope so Tim. Something seems awry with the camera when "lens drive when AF impossible" is set to off. Needs more checking!

Db

Jun 21, 2013 at 03:37 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.4 #8 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Just got mine back and the service form says "found mirror mechanism required cleaning and re-lubrication"

Working perfectly in one-shot, will test servo this weekend.

Jun 21, 2013 at 04:07 AM
joonrhee
• •
p.4 #9 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

I just got my camera back. I dropped it off on Tuesday morning and it was ready for pick up this morning. Service details only read "Your product has been examined and preventive measures have been applied. Product functions were confirmed."

That's it and I'm not exactly sure what they did. I don't see a white letter A and black mark inside the battery compartment either...

Hey doctorbird, do you see any white letter A or black mark on the silver bracket?

Jun 21, 2013 at 05:45 PM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.4 #10 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

joonrhee wrote:
I just got my camera back. I dropped it off on Tuesday morning and it was ready for pick up this morning. Service details only read "Your product has been examined and preventive measures have been applied. Product functions were confirmed."

That's it and I'm not exactly sure what they did. I don't see a white letter A and black mark inside the battery compartment either...

Hey doctorbird, do you see any white letter A or black mark on the silver bracket?

No white letter. But there was a black mark on the silver thingy inside and near the opening of the battery compartment. Perhaps the tech's sharpie went dry (needs lube) or he forgot to mark it.

Db

Jun 21, 2013 at 08:32 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

joonrhee
• •
p.4 #11 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Doctorbird wrote:
No white letter. But there was a black mark on the silver thingy inside and near the opening of the battery compartment. Perhaps the tech's sharpie went dry (needs lube) or he forgot to mark it.

Db

Yep, I just got a confirmation from Canon that the serviced product should have a black mark on the silver bracket within the battery compartment. According to Canon's confirmation email, my camera's affected part was properly lubricated and confirmed to factory specifications. Also, basic clean & check was performed.

I can't believe I have to take it back there for the black marking, but gotta do what I gotta do.

So for those of you who sent theirs in, be sure to check for the black mark when you get it back.

Jun 21, 2013 at 08:39 PM
NCAndy
• • •
p.4 #12 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

joonrhee wrote:
Yep, I just got a confirmation from Canon that the serviced product should have a black mark on the silver bracket within the battery compartment. According to Canon's confirmation email, my camera's affected part was properly lubricated and confirmed to factory specifications. Also, basic clean & check was performed.

I can't believe I have to take it back there for the black marking, but gotta do what I gotta do.

So for those of you who sent theirs in, be sure to check for the black mark when you get it back.

Got a sharpie?

I shipped mine in yesterday, they received it today and I should have it back no later than Tuesday. I leave for the Canadian Rockies and Alaska on Thursday.

Jun 21, 2013 at 09:37 PM
chmod

p.4 #13 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Shipped to the Irvine, CA plant on Tuesday. I received it back today. I cannot complain, but in my experience with my 1 series bodies over the years, this is how they treat us.

chmod

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:50 PM
joonrhee
• •
p.4 #14 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Chmod, you got it back a day faster compared to mine. I'm assuming yours even have a black marking? You shouldn't complain...

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:03 PM
chmod

p.4 #15 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Yes, the little black mark is in place.

I am very satisfied with their level of service.

chmod

Jun 22, 2013 at 04:00 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.4 #16 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

skibum5 wrote:
Good question but I think they mean L to R like reading since I think when they talked about batch numbers for certain other things they'd say second or third digit and those times they clearly meant counting from the left.

But maybe they felt like switching things up this time, variety is the spice of life someone read there.

So yeah that is potentially vague. Taken as a number you might be inclined to go R to L but since these something have weird things like leading zeroes it's more like a word sort of and reading so L to
...Show more

It is not vague. The advisory clearly states:

EOS-1D X: If the sixth digit from the left of the serial number is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7.

Jun 24, 2013 at 05:36 PM
tfoltz
• • • • • •
p.4 #17 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

gvg45 wrote:
Please update the thread when you receive your camera back. Curious about approximate turn-around time.

3 days

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.4 #18 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Mine was 24 hour turn around.

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Craig Yannuzzi
• • •
p.4 #19 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

4 Hour turnaround.....at least that's what i've been promised. just droped off my 1DX in Jamesburg at 10a. I was told to come back any time after 2 today. fix plus clean and check. works for me!

Jun 25, 2013 at 02:12 PM
voltaire
• • •
p.4 #20 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

I called them yesterday and they said five to seven business days. I haven't even received the UPS label. Called them again this morning and they said UPS is back-logged. Never heard that excuse for a shipping label. I will wait until end of day and call them back again about the pre-printed label.

Jun 25, 2013 at 06:51 PM
1       2       3      

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password