Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              7       8       end

Archive 2013 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

MDJAK
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Mine too is part of the advisory. Just emailed for the return.

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM
newtune3

p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Just had my 1DX for a month or so and it too is within the recall advisory. Just emailed them for return. Guess I will delay selling my 5Diii until it returns. I have never had Canon actually recall one of my bodies. Interesting!

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:48 AM
scott f
• •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Just bought mine 1 1/2 months ago, kind of a drag that it needs a recall already

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:50 AM
BobnJake
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Just got back from Jamesburg this morning, two of us were there waiting when they opened the doors at 9;00am

The counter people were not aware of the advisory, I told them that I called yesterday to ask if they were able to make the fix at Jamesburg, they said yes, so we should be good to go. No real discussion on the fix, said they would be doing a clean & check also, should have it by Friday. Someone had mentioned about being able to wait for a clean & check, I've always been told that they will not do that while you wait, that the normal turnaround time was 3 days, the sensor cleaning, you could wait for, but not the Clean & Check. The other fellow that was there with me, dropped off 2 1Dx's, he was told also that they would be ready by Friday. I'll let everyone know when I go back to pick it up and what they said the fix was
Thanks, Bob

Jun 19, 2013 at 03:14 PM
Deborah Kolt
• •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

CPS said today that for Platinum members they will try to keep the turn around within the regular time frame, but it is unclear what volume they will be dealing with initially. Assume the same applies to other levels. Sounds reasonable.

I have postponed my optometrist appointment.

Jun 19, 2013 at 03:34 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

I asked CPS Canada this morning, and just got a reply. They are accepting 1DX for doing "the fix", but they didn't answer my question about when (and if) the Product Advisory will be issued by Canon Canada. It's a good time for me, and so I'm sending it in today.

Jun 19, 2013 at 03:56 PM
Invertalon
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

I wonder if something similiar happened to my 5D3... With the new firmware and 400mm f/5.6 + 1.4x III it would not lock focus at f/8... It would just hunt and maybe lock focus once and while. I sent to Canon and they ended up replacing the mirror box assembly, including the AF sensor.

I am sure different causes, but it has a similiar issue with not locking focus. All fixed now though, so its all good

Jun 19, 2013 at 04:13 PM
chmod

p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Shipped to the Irvine repair depot yesterday for the repair. CPS membership gets it back in three or so days.

Also had one hot pixel when processing dark areas on shots over ISO12.5. Previously, there were able to tune my 1Ds MIII to eliminate a few of those, but they happened at ISO 1600. :-)

Damn these things are getting to be extremely sophisticated.

chmod

Jun 19, 2013 at 05:06 PM
harrygilbert
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

My new 1DX is within the affected range. At 250 shutter actuations, I started seeing what appears to be a spatter of lubricant on the sensor. Hope the "fix" includes a clean as well (and no dirt added). Glad I kept my 1D4...

Jun 19, 2013 at 05:08 PM
Deborah Kolt
• •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Apparently the issue causes dust-like particles all over inside. Perhaps what looks like lubricant are actually those particles. Cleaning it out is undoubtedly part of the fix.

Jun 19, 2013 at 05:57 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

joonrhee
• •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

I dropped mine off at Canon Irvine yesterday morning as soon as they opened at 8am. Mine was only couple weeks old with number 6. I'll try to post back when I get it back.

Jun 19, 2013 at 06:49 PM
fredmaurer
• •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Dropped mine off at Jamesburg today (Wednesday) at noon, just received Fed Ex tracking, should be back tomorrow (Thursday). Excellent!

Jun 20, 2013 at 01:21 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Mine went in this morning should be back Friday or Monday at latest. Hopefully Friday, so I can put it through its paces on the weekend.

Jun 20, 2013 at 02:03 AM
joonrhee
• •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

fredmaurer wrote:
Dropped mine off at Jamesburg today (Wednesday) at noon, just received Fed Ex tracking, should be back tomorrow (Thursday). Excellent!

Wow, that's fast!!!

I called this afternoon but no update. I'll check again tomorrow.

Jun 20, 2013 at 02:16 AM
fredmaurer
• •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Camera back. 24 hours since dropping off at Jamesburg. Sporting a black dot of tape in the battery compartment.
My custom settings were not reset, only change was to enable mirror lock up. I'll give it a work out this weekend.

Jun 20, 2013 at 04:03 PM
BobnJake
• • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

I second what fredmaurer reported. I dropped my camera off on Wednesday at Jamesburg for the fix, got a call first thing this morning to come pick it up. Have a small black dot in the center of the bottom contacts in the battery compartment to designate the fix
Nice work Canon
Thanks, Bob

Jun 20, 2013 at 05:03 PM
joonrhee
• •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Hey fredmaurer and BobnJake, Are you guys CPS platinum members by any chance? I called again this morning, but was told to give them 3 days since I'm a gold member. I dropped it off 8am Tuesday morning.

Jun 20, 2013 at 05:57 PM
joonrhee
• •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Nevermind. I was just told that this product advisory has nothing to do with CPS. They just simply said Jamesburg is currently less busier than Irvine. Geesh... What can I say...

Jun 20, 2013 at 06:14 PM
BobnJake
• • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Not sure it matters. But I'm a Gold member

Jun 20, 2013 at 07:09 PM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Black dot here too. Serviced at Canon Hollywood. Less than 24 hours turn around.

Just says "... preventive measures have been applied. Product functions were confirmed. ..."!!??

Db

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1       2      

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password