Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3              7       8       end

Archive 2013 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Judging by some appearances, I might have an opposite problem with my 1DX. It seems like Canon used excessive lubricant on moving parts of my camera, thus I've had for me unprecedented contamination splatter on the sensor as well as the viewfinder lens. The sensor I have maintained clean by doing numerous cleanings myself, but the VF lens I can not clean, and so far Canon have resisted doing it as a free-of-charge warranty item. I may have to push the Canon higher-ups again to get it done.

(Sadly, in my years of experience with them, Canon Canada have been displaying the mentality of a Trabant motorcar dealer, yet their products prices are Mercedes like. )

Jun 18, 2013 at 07:59 PM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

This is quite interesting.

I have been experiencing focusing symptoms similar to the first item, and was ascribing it to my 400 ISII, which has been to CPS twice already. I played with the the settings on the 1DX and thought the system behaved better, but could have been fooled by the uncertainties in this possibly intermittent phenomena. I have alluded to this before, especially with respect to BIF attempts. I haven't noticed the malady described in the second item - yet, although this could be masked by the occurrence of the first.

I'll check the serial number when I get home. Funny that one can hope that his camera is a bit defective but fixable, isn't it?

Db

Edited on Jun 18, 2013 at 08:33 PM · View previous versions

Jun 18, 2013 at 08:28 PM
Cgb628

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

arbitrage wrote:
With that many numbers (1-7) I would think it highly likely that this is going to contain all current 1DXs out there. The "A" mark will probably only come into affect for all of the ones that get repaired and the number #8 batch is likely fairly new or not even started yet.

So far, checking 3 different forums, I've yet to see a report of someone not in the 1-7 range.

I also saw two reports of people who just bought one in the last 1-2 weeks and they have a #6 in that spot.

Mine is extremely new (less than a week) and has a 6.

Jun 18, 2013 at 08:31 PM
Doctorbird
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Cgb628 wrote:
Mine is extremely new (less than a week) and has a 6.

Quite possibly, the fixed units are just coming off the production line.

Db

Jun 18, 2013 at 08:35 PM
AlephOne

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Just because you don't have a problem yet, don't feel too happy - this sounds like it's a problem that causes undue wear, and the symptoms appear as parts wear. All that means is that your camera hasn't worn far enough for the symptoms to be noticeable.

I'd get any body in the range in for the recall as soon as possible.

I don't have a 1D X, but I had a 1D III, and they did a surprisingly quick job on that recall - I put it in one week and got it back less than a week later. Might not sound impressive until I mention that Christmas was in between

Jun 18, 2013 at 09:50 PM
BobnJake
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

I'm going to drop mine off tomorrow at Jamesburg, I'll let everyone know what they say
Bob

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Mine's only a few months old and is in the affected range. Luckily the Canon service centre is only 100m from my office.

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Will Patterson
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Ugh.. set up a repair ticket for it, got a UPS label, and now I HAVE to use the camera next weekend, can't be without it. So I'll have to cancel it for now.

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM
kosin
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

BobnJake wrote:
I'm going to drop mine off tomorrow at Jamesburg, I'll let everyone know what they say
Bob

If it is only a lubrication issue I wonder if this can be done while you wait? Same as clean & check...

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

I guess this would be a good time for me to also - finally - send in my 300/2.8 II for the FW update and lens hood fix/replacement. Deal with both and do without both at the same time.

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

gvg45
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

shooter00 wrote:
It was posted on 6/17....

Thanks.

I must admit, I'm a bit annoyed that I need to schedule another visit for the camera for this advisory after I just picked it up yesterday afternoon...

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:53 PM
tfoltz
• • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Dropped mine off today, it is the sixth # from the left.
Preventive maintenance, even if you're not having problems yet.
They said they were informed about it just today also.

-Tim

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:41 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Stoffer wrote:
Hmmm, regarding the sixth digit of the serial number - do you count from left or right?

If I go from left to right, I have a "1", but if I check from right to left I have a "0".

Sorry for the maybe stupid question. I have one of the early models.

Good question but I think they mean L to R like reading since I think when they talked about batch numbers for certain other things they'd say second or third digit and those times they clearly meant counting from the left.

But maybe they felt like switching things up this time, variety is the spice of life someone read there.

So yeah that is potentially vague. Taken as a number you might be inclined to go R to L but since these something have weird things like leading zeroes it's more like a word sort of and reading so L to R.

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:44 PM
gvg45
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

tfoltz wrote:
Dropped mine off today, it is the sixth # from the left.
Preventive maintenance, even if you're not having problems yet.
They said they were informed about it just today also.

-Tim

Please update the thread when you receive your camera back. Curious about approximate turn-around time.

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Ron Phillips

p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Did they mark an A or black mark in the battery compartment?

..Ron

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:59 PM
dehowie
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Mmmm rule number 1
If it aint broke dont fix it!
If it starts to drift send it in...

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Canon Australia got the advisory too, so mine will be checked tomorrow. Want to make sure it's ok before I go to Iceland.

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Deborah Kolt
• •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

This is great news! I've been going crazy trying to see the viewfinder and thought my close vision was deteriorating, as everything seems to do with age. I've been experiencing some inexplicable AF issues, too.

So nice to know I'm not crazy. Or going blind. Yet.

Jun 19, 2013 at 01:18 AM
gandini

p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

Mine is batch #5 in the sixth digit location. No "A" or black mark in the battery chamber. I called Canon Service and they expedited my camera to Irvine (CPS) and I hope to get it back before a scheduled shoot next week. My only concern is it being returned with too much lube and I end up with oil on the sensor...

Jun 19, 2013 at 01:45 AM
Constable
• •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · EOS-1D X and EOS-1D C Product Advisory

And nothing from canon for the rest of the world. One of my bodies is apparently affected

Ed

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:18 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password