New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · IDX corrupting cards

nick williams
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · IDX corrupting cards

I have a 1DX which works great with sandisk, kingston and calumet cards. I wanted a cheap back up 32gb card and bought a Fujifilm 32gb 600x card. I put it in the camera, formatted it and started shooting. When i put it into the mac it would not read the card and after putting it back into the camera, it to, would not read the card. So i sent it back to the retailer, WEX photographic who replaced it with a new one. Again i put it in the camera and it seemed ok. I then connected it to the mac and again all was fine. I then put it back in the camera but the camera will not read it. I tried to connect it back to the mac and now its not showing up. As i said, i have no problems with the other makes just the Fuji. I know the easy option, don't buy fuji but i just wanted to know if any of you have had any problems.

Jun 18, 2013 at 04:08 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · IDX corrupting cards

nick williams wrote:
I have a 1DX which works great with sandisk, kingston and calumet cards. I wanted a cheap back up 32gb card and bought a Fujifilm 32gb 600x card. I put it in the camera, formatted it and started shooting. When i put it into the mac it would not read the card and after putting it back into the camera, it to, would not read the card. So i sent it back to the retailer, WEX photographic who replaced it with a new one. Again i put it in the camera and it seemed ok. I then connected it
...Show more

How many cards do you use in the camera, 1 or 2. If you use two cards the camera will auto switch the card if you take one out and close the door. When you come back and put the card back the camera will be using the other card. It has caught many of us out thinking there is something wrong with the card.

Jun 18, 2013 at 04:24 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · IDX corrupting cards

Transcend 64GB 600x and 1000x work fine, too.

Jun 18, 2013 at 05:53 AM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · IDX corrupting cards

I find it odd that both of the cards work fine in the camera until you plug them into your Mac but yet you are blaming the camera. Maybe your card reader is corrupt?

Tim

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:05 AM
nick williams
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · IDX corrupting cards

Tim if it was the card reader then surely it would affect the other cards. Im not blaming the camera its fuji cards that i believe to be at fault. It certainly is a strange one. maybe its a card / camera conflict.

Jun 18, 2013 at 01:03 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · IDX corrupting cards

I guess it's the mac or card reader that doesn't work with the card. The cards work in the camera every time until you have used it in the card reader/mac........

Jun 18, 2013 at 01:23 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · IDX corrupting cards

The card is not being formated in the card reader / mac is it?

Jun 18, 2013 at 02:01 PM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · IDX corrupting cards

Jefferson wrote:
The card is not being formated in the card reader / mac is it?

That's a good point Jefferson. Are you ONLY transferring the files? Or are you performing another operation on the card whilst its in the reader?

Tim

Jun 18, 2013 at 04:50 PM
nick williams
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · IDX corrupting cards

No I'm not formatting the card using the mac and I'm not performing any other operation. Im sending the card back and ordering a different brand. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Jun 19, 2013 at 03:14 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · IDX corrupting cards

nick williams wrote:
No I'm not formatting the card using the mac and I'm not performing any other operation. Im sending the card back and ordering a different brand. It will be interesting to see what happens.

But do you think it's coincidence that every time you use the card with your card-reader/mac it stops working in your camera

Jun 19, 2013 at 09:41 AM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · IDX corrupting cards

It's not the card, try putting the card into a different reader on a different machine.

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:37 AM
nick williams
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · IDX corrupting cards

the card will not work in a different reader computer or camera. I have tried all that

Jun 19, 2013 at 03:37 PM
nick williams
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · IDX corrupting cards

Lars Johnsson wrote:
But do you think it's coincidence that every time you use the card with your card-reader/mac it stops working in your camera

Second time i used a different card reader

Jun 19, 2013 at 03:38 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · IDX corrupting cards

nick williams wrote:
Second time i used a different card reader

So you belive it's a coincidence?

Jun 19, 2013 at 04:34 PM
nick williams
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · IDX corrupting cards

no i believe the fuji cards are at fault. I have just received a sandisk 32gb extreme pro. Making sure i followed the same procedure it works fine, no problems at all. So either the fuji cards are faulty or there is a compatibility problem with them and all three of my cards readers or both of my cameras.

Jun 23, 2013 at 05:30 AM
Andrew J
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · IDX corrupting cards

A good reader you can firmware update to solve comparability problems and speed up transfers. If that reader can't be firmware updated, then there is your answer.

Jun 23, 2013 at 06:44 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.