Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · The Great Migration

sbeme
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Great Migration

originals/full size copies on request

Choice?
Suggestions?

Asante Sana Sana Sana

Scott

GoetzPhotoz 2013

Canon EOS 5D Mark II    EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens    105mm    f/8.0    1/180s    200 ISO    +0.5 EV  

GoetzPhotoz 2013

Canon EOS 5D Mark II    EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens    105mm    f/8.0    1/180s    200 ISO    +0.5 EV  

GoetzPhotoz 2013

Canon EOS 5D Mark II    EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens    105mm    f/8.0    1/125s    200 ISO    +0.5 EV  

GoetzPhotoz 2013

Canon EOS 5D Mark II    EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens    105mm    f/8.0    1/125s    200 ISO    +0.5 EV  

Jun 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Great Migration

looking now, I wonder if the skies all need more work

Scott

Jun 17, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Great Migration

I prefer the crop on the last, however on this monitor the sky, especially clouds, appear slightly grayish.

Played a bit but nothing I tried really appealed.

Regards,

Bob

Jun 17, 2013 at 11:48 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Great Migration

The skies look rather more gray than blue. Probably best to PP the sky and foreground differently.

Jun 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Great Migration

3 or 4 (same image) have better mix/clarity of zebra, more so than 1 & 2, so I'd find it to be a better representation and would be the one I'd focus my attention on. Also, I don't like the one in the LRC of 1 & 2 facing the camera with a different scale than the herd.

But ... I'd really like to see the raw/sooc prior to passing judgment against 1 & 2, as I'm curious @ how the pp might be impacting the clarity @ zebra visibility.

Too many variables / too close to call in some ways from these for me. The two issues I'd want to bring out would be the diversity of the herd, and the "expanse" or mass of it. Whichever raw presents that best, would be the one I'd focus on. Deciding the crop preference can come closer toward the end.

Will visit again, with more time to compare later.

Jun 18, 2013 at 03:25 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The Great Migration

Better?

GoetzPhotoz 2013

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The Great Migration

Lots of fine detail ... I need to get on a better monitor to be able to really judge/critique on these (small for my eyes). Sorry I'm not more help, atm ... it's all kinda getting confused in my mind on these. Better rely on others input for this one ... I'd hate to steer you awry as I'm struggling with detail vs. concept/mood @ message/draw the eye on these.

BTW, the last one does have some Magenta cast in the upper left sky, not bad, but there if it is of interest/concern.

Jun 20, 2013 at 02:16 AM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · The Great Migration

thanks again Kent.
If it goes to print I will fix the magenta cast
Scott

Jun 26, 2013 at 01:01 PM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · The Great Migration

Scott, you need to decide what you want to make dominant in these images. If you will emphasize the sky (the upper two thirds of the image) it will maintain the dominance in the composition and will challenge the strength of your subject. Since the image is about the Great Migration you should make the animals more dominant and sacrifice the sky, IMO (more foreground than background).
Even though there are times when all the elements fall nicely into place, we should avoid to try to "get all in", but then, if you like the picture that is all it matters.
Socrate

Jun 26, 2013 at 02:02 PM
sbeme
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · The Great Migration

Thx Socrates
From the selection of variations presented you can see I lean towards a long pano of the animals
Included the last with the thought of seeing the endless parade under a big sky. I haven't decided which of the more pano variations works best
I think I will need to go large and scroll through to find best detail and range of expressions

Scott

Jun 28, 2013 at 03:03 AM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · The Great Migration

Scott,
Impressive image. Right away, the sky is the predominant element for me. The last version is the best. But from the proportion of the image, i suspect you still have more sky. If so I would give the sky the upper 2/3. That would make a great mural.
Can you show "my vision."?

Bob

Jun 29, 2013 at 06:45 PM
Rick Schump
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · The Great Migration

Scot, In this series, I find the second one best. I don't like the BG trees as much, but the closer and unobstructed view of the near buffalo gives me more of a connection with the animals, how big they are, how many of them there are and that it is comprised of individuals. Just my 2 cents, not educated enough to comment on any of the technicals. Rick

Jul 04, 2013 at 01:43 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password