Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2013 · 3D or not 3D ?
  
 
kewlcanon
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · 3D or not 3D ?




http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/06/is-this-the-eos-3d/



Jun 17, 2013 at 06:31 PM
gome1122
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · 3D or not 3D ?


Could be a 3D could be a 2D could be photo shopped, could be custom embroidered strap to fool you people. We won't know probably for a while.


Jun 17, 2013 at 06:39 PM
snapsy
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · 3D or not 3D ?


Seems implausible that Canon would manufacture a strap with a conspicuous "3D" printed on it when they go through great lengths to keep their new models secret during field testing.


Jun 17, 2013 at 06:48 PM
DtEW
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · 3D or not 3D ?


snapsy wrote:
Seems implausible that Canon would manufacture a strap with a conspicuous "3D" printed on it when they go through great lengths to keep their new models secret during field testing.


...unless it's an intentional leak (and maybe even attached to a not fully-baked camera) to halt any defections to a D800?

I mean, as much as the 5dMKIII is a great camera, it seems to be going for a different target than the D800. You're probably not going to halt many 5DMKIII aspirants from committing... which makes leaking plausible. Now, leaking any hints of a 5DMKIV would be insane and necessarily a fake, IMO.



Jun 17, 2013 at 06:59 PM
Sunny Sra
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · 3D or not 3D ?


oh yeah...its definitly the 3D and i'm buying it.


Jun 17, 2013 at 07:02 PM
snapsy
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · 3D or not 3D ?


DtEW wrote:
...unless it's an intentional leak (and maybe even attached to a not fully-baked camera) to halt any defections to a D800?

I mean, as much as the 5dMKIII is a great camera, it seems to be going for a different target than the D800. You're probably not going to halt many 5DMKIII aspirants from committing... which makes leaking plausible. Now, leaking any hints of a 5DMKIV would be insane and necessarily a fake, IMO.


That horse has left the barn. The D800/E has been out for a year.



Jun 17, 2013 at 07:08 PM
reno.peterson
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · 3D or not 3D ?


The guy programming the stitching machine is "mirror image" dyslexic!!! There's no such thing as a 3D!!! Canon, kind of like 7Up... "Never had it!!! Never will!!!"

With the years of dreams, the 3D needs to be "Super-spec'd"!!! Here's to hoping...



Jun 17, 2013 at 07:10 PM
akin_t
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · 3D or not 3D ?


DtEW wrote:
...unless it's an intentional leak (and maybe even attached to a not fully-baked camera) to halt any defections to a D800?

I mean, as much as the 5dMKIII is a great camera, it seems to be going for a different target than the D800. You're probably not going to halt many 5DMKIII aspirants from committing... which makes leaking plausible. Now, leaking any hints of a 5DMKIV would be insane and necessarily a fake, IMO.


Oh please, listen to yourself.

Intentional leak? If Canon wanted the information out there, they'd make an official statement. Can you give me one reason (not borne of baseless conspiracy) for Canon to surreptitiously make this information available as opposed to making an official statement that they have something in the works?



Jun 17, 2013 at 07:16 PM
ggreene
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · 3D or not 3D ?


Canonrumors really stretching for this one. Probably need some additional clicks to pay the bills.


Jun 17, 2013 at 07:25 PM
StillFingerz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · 3D or not 3D ?


Maybe it's a G as in geewiz


Jun 17, 2013 at 07:58 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



DtEW
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · 3D or not 3D ?


DtEW wrote:
...unless it's an intentional leak (and maybe even attached to a not fully-baked camera) to halt any defections to a D800?

I mean, as much as the 5dMKIII is a great camera, it seems to be going for a different target than the D800. You're probably not going to halt many 5DMKIII aspirants from committing... which makes leaking plausible. Now, leaking any hints of a 5DMKIV would be insane and necessarily a fake, IMO.


snapsy wrote:
Seems implausible that Canon would manufacture a strap with a conspicuous "3D" printed on it when they go through great lengths to keep their new models secret during field testing.


akin_t wrote:
Oh please, listen to yourself.

Intentional leak? If Canon wanted the information out there, they'd make an official statement. Can you give me one reason (not borne of baseless conspiracy) for Canon to surreptitiously make this information available as opposed to making an official statement that they have something in the works?


Uh, perhaps when said item isn't actually ready for prime-time for whatever reason (and may not ever be), and they don't want to be hit with anti-trust charges for precisely the reason they might want to announce (to stem whatever flow to the D800)?

It seems like both of you are completely unfamiliar with the concept and real-life instances of vaporware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

That's not conspiracy theory, that's business-as-usual.



Jun 17, 2013 at 08:07 PM
snapsy
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · 3D or not 3D ?


DtEW wrote:

Uh, perhaps when said item isn't actually ready for prime-time for whatever reason (and may not ever be), and they don't want to be hit with anti-trust charges for precisely the reason they might want to announce (to stem whatever flow to the D800)?

It seems like you are completely unfamiliar with the concept and real-life instances of vaporware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware


Canon would just pre-announce it then, the same as they did with the 1DX.



Jun 17, 2013 at 08:14 PM
BenV
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · 3D or not 3D ?


30D shopped.


Jun 17, 2013 at 08:18 PM
DtEW
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · 3D or not 3D ?


DtEW wrote:
It seems like you are completely unfamiliar with the concept and real-life instances of vaporware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware


snapsy wrote:
Canon would just pre-announce it then, the same as they did with the 1DX.


Perhaps. But pre-announcement, regardless of whether it has been done before, still runs the risk of an anti-trust charge. I do not know what the specific criteria that would call for such charges would be, but the higher-volume nature of the D800/3D class of cameras is obviously more consequential for all involved parties.

Also consider that in this day-and-age, a rumor-by-photograph has longer legs and better flexibility than a corporate announcement. With the latter, people often start extrapolating (often erroneously, often negatively) about a product's whatever-left-unannounced specs after an official announcement. I'd say the rumor-by-photograph is the smarter way of doing things, by teasing the imagination and leaving everything completely open to discussion, but with zero associable weight... but that's just me.



Jun 17, 2013 at 08:22 PM
Access
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · 3D or not 3D ?


Much ado about nothing. If it is real I'll bet it's just the strap for an EOS-30.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS_30

One of the 'late-model' film cameras.



Jun 17, 2013 at 08:42 PM
kakomu
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · 3D or not 3D ?


Access wrote:
Much ado about nothing. If it is real I'll bet it's just the strap for an EOS-30.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS_30

One of the 'late-model' film cameras.


Canon didn't start printing the model name on straps until around the EOS 50D. Before hand, it would say "Canon", "Canon EOS" or "Canon EOS Digital"



Jun 17, 2013 at 08:47 PM
Sunny Sra
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · 3D or not 3D ?


pfft. i already bought one.


Jun 17, 2013 at 09:09 PM
chez
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · 3D or not 3D ?


You boys ever take photos or do you just sit here dreaming all day?


Jun 17, 2013 at 09:47 PM
DtEW
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · 3D or not 3D ?


The better question is, do we actually *work* in an office or do we forum all day?


Jun 17, 2013 at 09:53 PM
Access
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · 3D or not 3D ?


chez wrote:
You boys ever take photos or do you just sit here dreaming all day?

I remember this came up on a different board and people were like "I tried taking a photo once, but it wasn't very good. So I just went back to doing what I do best "



Jun 17, 2013 at 09:55 PM
1
       2       end




FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password