FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · More spring blooms

MTguy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · More spring blooms

Got out last week to find some amazing wildflower blooms. A rain storm had just passed so there were some great clouds left in the sky. I did my best to try and get some shots of everything as the light was changing. I had to use pretty high ISOs for a couple shots to try and get the flowers still in the wind. Still turned out well I think. Please have a look.

Yellow Blast by gabes3045, on Flickr

Blooming Hills by gabes3045, on Flickr

Jun 17, 2013 at 01:25 PM
Timmeh
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · More spring blooms

I like the lower perspective on #1, but I don't think it works as well in #2. Both feel a little bit cluttered in terms of composition. The plant to the left of your main bloom and the trees in the upper right in #1, and the stray grass that has gone to seed distract from the blooms, hills, and clouds.

Tim

Jun 17, 2013 at 06:56 PM
MTguy
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · More spring blooms

Thanks for the feedback. There was such an amazing bloom going on, I was trying to show it the best I could. I had never really tried these low perspective shots of flowers before with the wide angle. I will keep your comments in mind nest time I give it a try.

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · More spring blooms

Very cool shots here, especially #1. Tim brings up some good points to watch out for when composing, but sometimes it's hard to get a totally clean shot while shooting wildflowers. But it's good to have those things in mind, because sometimes, all it takes is a slight shift in where you are composing a shot to get eliminate distractions. With that said, I do really like #1, for me it works well.

What a cool display you found, and some beautiful light there to capture it. It must have been a joy to be out there.

Jim

Jun 18, 2013 at 01:15 PM
helenica
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · More spring blooms

I like them both.

Jun 18, 2013 at 02:05 PM
MTguy
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · More spring blooms

Thanks Jim and Helenica!

It was really fun to be out there. I was running around like a mad man trying to get different perspectives while the light was changing. It had just rained so I got soaked in the process. This is an area I just recently discovered and just love it. There were buffalo on the next hillside over with a rainbow ending on top of them. Elk and deer were kind of everywhere and a grouse even ran out at one point. Got a few descent pictures in there too. Just about as much fun as I can ask for.

Jun 18, 2013 at 05:07 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.