Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Camping with the D600

ront
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Camping with the D600

A couple of shots from a week end camping trip.

Comments welcomed!

Thanks, Ron

http://ront.smugmug.com/Nature-2008-2009/Landscapes/Landscapes-2013/i-sSNnCWD/0/XL/_DSC0049_50_51-XL.jpg

http://ront.smugmug.com/Nature-2008-2009/Landscapes/Landscapes-2013/i-2rVKcCt/0/XL/_DSC0066-XL.jpg

Jun 17, 2013 at 04:38 PM
StarNut
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Camping with the D600

Ron,

It looks like a fun camping trip.

These are my impressions only, and should be taken with however many grains of salt you feel to be appropriate.

The first one is a beautiful scene, nicely framed. But the shadows pretty much do it in for me. If all were in shadow, or all in the sun (given that the light on the water would be challenging), it might be a much more compelling capture. Also, running water often looks better in a photo if it's a longer exposure (like, say, 1/2 second). That requires a tripod, and can take a ND filter.

The second one is a nice scene, from a memory standpoint, but contains nothing to attract the interest of this viewer.

Jun 17, 2013 at 09:30 PM
ront
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Camping with the D600

Thanks Starnut!! I appreciate your thoughts!

Ron

Jun 17, 2013 at 09:41 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Camping with the D600

Hey Ron,

I am sure you had fun with your D600 on the camping trip. #1 is my favorite here. Shooting water falls, creeks, etc in dappled light can be tough. Too many chances for hot spots from the sun like the one area you have there. Other than that one spot, I like how you captured #1. I little slower of a shutter speed can be nice, but the look here is good in the water. Perhaps you have another shot from that scene where no water got too spotlighted and burnt out?

Have fun with the camera!

Jim

Jun 18, 2013 at 06:30 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Camping with the D600

Very nice photos I see here.
I like the first photo. IMHO, if you use a little longer shutter speed, like ~1s, then the water will be smoothed out.
That way the scene will be less busy with silky water flow. That is my thought.
BTW, do you enjoy D600?
Kee

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password