Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon 6d issues after 1.1.3 firmware upgrade or concidence?

bvihlidal

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 6d issues after 1.1.3 firmware upgrade or concidence?

I have a 6d with approximately 3500 clicks on it, purchased new by me, and recently upgraded the firmware to the latest version of 1.1.3.

I'm trying to determine if there is a coincidence in upgrading the firmware with the problems I'm experiencing or simply a "near the same time" occurrence.

The problems I'm seeing are mostly related to making adjustments with the main dial when shooting in Manual mode and the rear dial also being unresponsive. Sometimes powering the camera off and then back on will resolve this issues, but other times it takes several power cycles.

I never saw this before the firmware upgrade. Anyone else seeing any problems?

Jun 17, 2013 at 06:46 AM
wsheldon
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 6d issues after 1.1.3 firmware upgrade or concidence?

My 6D came with 1.1.3 installed and I've never experienced that issue. Sounds very frustrating. Have you tried a different battery? I've head of flaky batteries/power issues causing odd behavior and unresponsive controls.

Good luck.

Jun 17, 2013 at 07:02 AM
bvihlidal

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 6d issues after 1.1.3 firmware upgrade or concidence?

I have 2 canon batteries and also at times run an extended grip. I've seen the issues with and without the grip, but can't say for sure if the same battery was always in play without it on. Thanks for the reply.

Jun 17, 2013 at 07:10 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.