Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · WTB: Nikon 14-24mm 2.8 PLEASE

diamondroad
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · WTB: Nikon 14-24mm 2.8 PLEASE

Nikon 14-24mm 2.8 PLEASE

Wanted

Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean

I Live in Thunder Bay Ontario, Canada. I NEED this lens by the 22nd, that being said I NEED the lens to be shipped to an American address because Canadian customs have been known to hold items for a few days (even a full week at times). A LOT of sellers seem scared to ship to a different address other than my paypal address. I understand your fears BUT I was guy who was ripped off for $1400 on this lens. I NEED it asap, hence why I want it shipped to the American address...can anyone help?

Thanks

Jun 16, 2013 at 09:23 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · WTB: Nikon 14-24mm 2.8 PLEASE

Why not just buy a brand new lens from a Canadian dealer? The cost will be about the same as buying a used one from the US, and you won't have to worry about getting someone else's problem lens. Plus, you will have a 5-year warranty - if you buy a lens from the US, Nikon Canada won't touch it if it ever needs service or repair.

Regardless of where you buy a used lens, no seller will ship to an address other than your confirmed PayPal address, as this is usually what scammers request...

Jun 16, 2013 at 09:28 AM
diamondroad
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · WTB: Nikon 14-24mm 2.8 PLEASE

Because new it costs $2000 here in Canada and I just paid $1400 for one I didn't get. Considering a week ago I basically gave away $1400, I'm trying my best to save some money.

Jun 16, 2013 at 09:31 AM
diamondroad
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · WTB: Nikon 14-24mm 2.8 PLEASE

But Molson, I'm the buyer...how can a buyer scam a seller? The seller is the one who does the scamming. Once the seller gets my money, why do they care what I do with it or where I ship it to. They have the money, how can they be the ones getting scammed? Maybe I just don't understand scamming enough...

Jun 16, 2013 at 09:34 AM
MikeW
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · WTB: Nikon 14-24mm 2.8 PLEASE

a new one landed is just over 1700 as you were shown. Given time constraints, previous bad experience & the benefits of buying new it really is a no brainer.

Jun 16, 2013 at 09:35 AM
diamondroad
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · WTB: Nikon 14-24mm 2.8 PLEASE

Yes Mike but I looked into it and I have to pay the full taxes. So yes, they sell for $1689 but then I need to add 13% taxes which equals basically $1900.

I found one on Amazon for $1650 and they mail to my American address for free. Amazon it is.

Thanks

Jun 16, 2013 at 09:41 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · WTB: Nikon 14-24mm 2.8 PLEASE

diamondroad wrote:
But Molson, I'm the buyer...how can a buyer scam a seller?

By asking the seller to ship to a non-verified address - then the seller loses any PayPal protection he might have had (such as when the buyer claims he didn't receive the package and demands a refund from PayPal). That's why I've red-flagged this thread.

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:06 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · WTB: Nikon 14-24mm 2.8 PLEASE

diamondroad wrote:
Yes Mike but I looked into it and I have to pay the full taxes. So yes, they sell for $1689 but then I need to add 13% taxes which equals basically $1900.

I found one on Amazon for $1650 and they mail to my American address for free. Amazon it is.

Thanks

So - you just smuggle it across the border?

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM
diamondroad
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · WTB: Nikon 14-24mm 2.8 PLEASE

Ohhhhh that makes sense Molson...never thought of that. See, I've learnt something new today.

I'll just stick with Amazon, it's a lot easier and as I've said, they ship to my American address. I've also never been ripped off on Amazon.

Thanks

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:13 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · WTB: Nikon 14-24mm 2.8 PLEASE

It's good that you have a US address - you'll need it if your lens ever needs repair, because Nikon USA won't ship to a Canadian address.

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:25 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.