Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · How would you take it ???

jmraso
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How would you take it ???

Here is the thing:

I live and work in a SMALL city which population is around 50.000 though the big City is around the corner, we are 12 registered wedding photographers and a few more which business legal situation is unknown or suspicious.

Ok, one from the second group (some of us believe) is offering post-weddings for free by some kind of raffle to the couples who also hired a classic car of a certain company (they are partnered) to promote himself and build a portfolio and a word of mouth regardless whether the couple had a pro photographer or not their wedding day.

I am not very happy with this idea, in a small city like this one, of seeing one of my couples who spent 3 or 4 hours of "training" in the engagement session plus the 10 hours of their wedding day in the website of this photographer it is not only confusing for the consumer if the see the same couple in two different photographer´s websites but unfair as the photographer is probably taking advantage of the "well trained" by others with their special way of posing, places, etc.

Thanks,

Jaime

Jun 16, 2013 at 08:53 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How would you take it ???

Jaime,

I could see this greatly working to YOUR advantage.

The clients will notice how much better you are at posing, directing, etc. When their friends/co-workers are shopping for a photographer, you'll be mentioned as the higher quality choice.

Jun 16, 2013 at 09:08 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How would you take it ???

Jaime,

It's unlikely the B&G will remember the "posing training" from one hectic wedding day, and your e-session. I agree with Nikon_14 on this that it can work to your advantage.

But regardless, if the couple wants to take advantage of a free shoot, it's totally up to them. Doesn't matter if it bothers you. The one way you can stop them is shooting such sensational shots that they won't want to bother going through all the fuss of getting ready for another photo shoot, and then doing it.

Jun 16, 2013 at 09:18 AM
NYstyles
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How would you take it ???

Let it go. You just have to mind your business and do Your thing. You cant worry what others are doing.

Where I live there are probably 500 wedding photographers within 60 miles of me and I dont live in a big city. If I concerned myself with what they are all doing Id be insane! lol 1/2 of that 500 probably do shady things...

Jun 16, 2013 at 09:19 AM
eephoto
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How would you take it ???

I agree with all of the above. Doesn't matter that you don't like it. Unfortunately or fortunately you don't own the client and thank Goodness they don't own you either! They can do whatever they want, and so can you! Don't let stuff like this bother you. I agree with the above, if this is someone trying to portfolio build, potential clients will see the difference between your work and theirs and will want the better, more experienced photographer, and if they don't you wouldn't want them as clients anyways because they would have come in wanting everything and the kitchen sink for minimal $$$ on their part.

Jun 16, 2013 at 09:33 AM
form
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How would you take it ???

Sounds like the only way it could work to your disadvantage is if the other photographer does a better job than you?

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM
jefferies1
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How would you take it ???

The more you worry about what others are doing for promotion the less business you will have. Only worry if the images you see are better than yours.

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How would you take it ???

Thanks for the answers !!!

Jaime

Jun 16, 2013 at 05:08 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · How would you take it ???

NYstyles wrote:
Let it go. You just have to mind your business and do Your thing. You cant worry what others are doing.

This is what I would recommend.

Jun 17, 2013 at 09:35 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · How would you take it ???

I agree with the fact that your couples are not going to remember the posing you worked with them on.

Jun 17, 2013 at 10:13 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · How would you take it ???

What could you possibly do about it anyways?

Jun 17, 2013 at 12:06 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · How would you take it ???

Thanks again

Jun 17, 2013 at 12:46 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.