FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Palouse River Fog (2)

Aaron Cowan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Palouse River Fog (2)

Some more images from the past month. Here are two shots from a sunrise along the Palouse River. I got up WAY too early but when I saw the fog hanging over the river it got my blood pumping for some potentially good shots. After shooting sunrise at a different location, I held out hope this spot would still have fog rolling through. Any and all C&C is very welcome!

#1 Foggy Sunrise along the Palouse. I've tried to balance the warm/cool feel, especially warming up the very cool sections.
http://www.aaroncowanphotos.com/Recent-Additions/Recent/i-jCwjhfX/0/XL/Manning-Road-Fog-and-Sunrays-XL.jpg

#2 Dissipating Fog. This is a pano merged to a square ratio. There are some power poles in the background but they hide ok enough for me not to feel like cloning them. I liked the spacing of the trees and the hint of fog in the background showing the path of the river indirectly.
http://www.aaroncowanphotos.com/Recent-Additions/Recent/i-MC8nXft/0/XL/Manning-Road-Fog-Square-Stitch-XL.jpg

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:29 AM
mike717
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Palouse River Fog (2)

Well seen Aaron. I kept going back and forth between the two but can't decide which I like better so I'll pick both!

Mike

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:34 AM
DonH
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Palouse River Fog (2)

Definitely the first one for me, Aaron. Just wish those darn rays had stayed around for another minute or two. I guess if you snooze you lose.

Jun 15, 2013 at 01:03 PM
John Richter
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Palouse River Fog (2)

Hi Aaron,

The first is a real beauty. I like the long shadows of the second. Nice pair here.

JBR

Jun 16, 2013 at 09:32 AM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Palouse River Fog (2)

I'll pick two (both!)

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Palouse River Fog (2)

Hey Aaron,

Very cool looking! Especially #1, the sun bursting through the mist/fog is super cool.

Jim

Jun 16, 2013 at 02:23 PM
Aaron Cowan
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Palouse River Fog (2)

Thank you all very much for the feedback. It is much appreciated.

Don: Yeah, you just missed it by a few seconds. Still an enjoyable experience.

John: I was drawn to the long shadows. After the fog started to die down and the sun grew stronger I was pleased with the side lighting.

Mike & CW100: I'm glad you like them both.

Jim: I was really please the fog stuck around. It grew, changed, dissipated, grew some more...lots of pictures were taken!

Jun 17, 2013 at 01:00 PM
Timmeh
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Palouse River Fog (2)

The fog being lit up is really something in #1. I have a small nit on the tree in the lower left being distracting.

Tim

Jun 17, 2013 at 03:53 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.