FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · OT - profoto links

tdurnan
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · OT - profoto links

I know this isn't specifically related to wedding photography, but I know a lot of us up here use profoto4 so I thought I'd post the question here. In the last couple of days when I try to link to my blog posts facebook isn't picking up on the thumbnail images and simply shows text from the post. Anyone else run into this. Any help would be appreciated as I am stumped and haven't been able to resolve this issue.

Jun 15, 2013 at 09:02 AM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · OT - profoto links

I'm guessing that you mean ProPhoto the blogging service. You should just email them. They've always has great and fast customer service.

Jun 15, 2013 at 09:08 AM
tdurnan
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · OT - profoto links

Thanks Tony. I'll give it a shot.

Jun 15, 2013 at 09:49 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · OT - profoto links

Tested mine... working fine. I tried several different types of links as well. (static, slides, etc.) All work. May just be a FB server thing in your location.

Jun 15, 2013 at 09:58 AM
NYstyles
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · OT - profoto links

Its probably just facebook. Mine do that sometimes. I use a private hosted WordPress though. When it does that I post single photo with the post link.

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:39 AM
brianclary
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · OT - profoto links

That happens to me every once in awhile. It appears to be on FB's end, as I can keep pasting the link to my blog post in FB, without changing anything on the ProPhoto side, and eventually it will work. One thing I did notice is that it seems to help if I have selected a 'Featured Image' on the Wordpress side in the post.

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:56 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · OT - profoto links

Profoto is a lighting company

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM
tdurnan
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · OT - profoto links

So looks like a facebook thing. However I managed to get it going by installing the "Easy Facebook Share Thumbnail" plugin and in addition setting the feature image as suggested above. Thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated.

Jun 15, 2013 at 11:38 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.