Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · WA for landscapes ? NEX7 user moving towards Nikon 800 - Zeiss 21 or 25...

MaxBerlin
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · WA for landscapes ? NEX7 user moving towards Nikon 800 - Zeiss 21 or 25 or other?

Sony's slow progress on FF has me wanting to start making a transition to Nikon.

I am looking at the Zeiss 21mm and 25mm but would only choose 1 of them. ( or other )

I know from use that my Zeiss 21, 2.8 (Contax) and the 28mm 2.0 (also c/y) or maybe just Distagons as a whole have problems with CA including purple fringing and sagittal coma flare.

The reviews on the Zeiss 25 2.0 often hint that the lens is almost APO in nature but isn't as sharp at long distances (landscapes) as medium range use.

The shots on this page are typical of what I want to do but better. Better resolution, less CA (still fixing the photos) and the wider angles afforded by full frame.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeissgeist/

Thanks in advance for you experience.

Jun 14, 2013 at 04:33 PM
Kell
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · WA for landscapes ? NEX7 user moving towards Nikon 800 - Zeiss 21 or 25 or other?

well if you're not married to a non proprietary prime then I recommend a Nikon 16-35 F4 VR. I have it on my D700 and just love it

Jun 15, 2013 at 09:24 AM
Neddie Seagoon
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · WA for landscapes ? NEX7 user moving towards Nikon 800 - Zeiss 21 or 25 or other?

Max, suggest you ask this question over on the Alternative Gear forum. Lots of Zeiss experience and examples over there. You are going to get a lot of recommendations for Nikon glass here. Not that that's a bad thing, there are some advantages, like autofocus for one, to nikon lenses. But if you're set on Zeiss...

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:47 AM
edl415
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · WA for landscapes ? NEX7 user moving towards Nikon 800 - Zeiss 21 or 25 or other?

Pretty simple - Nikon 16-35 if you use filters, 14-24 if you don't. No experience with Zeiss glass but I'm sure you would be happy with either Nikkor lens on the D800.

Jun 16, 2013 at 07:56 PM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · WA for landscapes ? NEX7 user moving towards Nikon 800 - Zeiss 21 or 25 or other?

Let's make it more confusing...

There's also the Tokina 16-28, which allegedly has 90% as good performance as the Nikkor 14-24 for less than 1/3 the price. I do know that the Tokina's cap fits on better than the 14-24.

Then again, if you're into Zeiss glass, price is likely not part of the criteria, and a lower price might cause you to not be confident in the gear, so...

Jun 16, 2013 at 09:42 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.