Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Carl Auer, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2013 GoPro Mountain Games

sklar
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · 2013 GoPro Mountain Games

This event is by far one of my favorite of the year. For those of you who don't know, it is a collection of outdoors events in Vail, CO that aren't usually showcased in events like the X-Games or more traditional outlets. That leads to a really awesome atmosphere and a lot of fun!

There were so many events going on all weekend, and I was trying to take some time to enjoy myself, too,so I didn't get around to everything.
Here is some of what I got, feel free to C&C!

1. The steep creek race, the kayakers slide down into the creek from a slide camera left

2. A nice boof stroke over the rock

5. Kayak freestyle

6. The Slackline freestyle world championships were one of the events, culminating with this 16 year old taking the title of world champion.

7. Last years world champ

8. And another former world champion, this is the guy who slacklined during Madona's superbowl half-time show

9. The mountain bike cross country race was really my first try at panning and using a flash, not too many keepers

10. The crowd favorite mud run

11. Dad cleaning up after the family division

12. And finally the slopestyle mountain bike

Thanks for taking a look!

Jun 14, 2013 at 08:28 PM
jspytek
• •
p.1 #2 · 2013 GoPro Mountain Games

I was under the impression for some reason you were shooting these with a GoPro. Is that not correct?

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Bobat

p.1 #3 · 2013 GoPro Mountain Games

I think GoPro was the sponsor for the event. EXIF says these were shot with 5D Mark II.

Jun 15, 2013 at 02:00 AM
jspytek
• •
p.1 #4 · 2013 GoPro Mountain Games

Yeah that's what I saw. But I also have never seen GoPro in EXIF, so I was just curious. I'm interested in a GoPro, but trying to see what the deal is in terms of comparable lens and speed of the photo. I've seen anywhere from 30 FPS to 240 FPS, but never the EXIF data for a gopro shot.

Jun 15, 2013 at 02:49 AM
sklar
• •
p.1 #5 · 2013 GoPro Mountain Games

These were shot on a 5d2 and the fisheye ones on a t2i
i have some gopro shots from the weekend, pm me if you'd like to see them

Jun 15, 2013 at 07:01 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password