New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Selling with no feedback

dan_holz

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Selling with no feedback

Hi there,

First, I do apologize if this question has already been asked. I am attempting to sell a new camera body via the FM forum; however, it is fairly unlikely that it will sell since I do not have any feedback. I have posted a link to my Ebay profile indicating my positive Ebay score. Does anyone have any other advice on ways to provide references so folks know that I'm not sort of scammer?

After digging around and reading through FM's buying/selling rules, I couldn't find any advice on this. Thanks everyone!

Jun 14, 2013 at 01:15 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Selling with no feedback

Take a photo of the camera with your user name and real name written on paper so people can clearly see you own it. Offer your number to potential buyers who might have questions. Provide as much detail as possible, with as many photos as possible. We all start somewhere. Also, the more you contribute in other topics, the more comfortable people will be buying from you. Someone with 0 feedbacks and 1000 posts feels more trust worthy than someone with 0 feedback and 1 post

Jun 14, 2013 at 02:18 PM
dan_holz

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Selling with no feedback

Great! Thanks so much for the info, BenV!

Jun 14, 2013 at 03:16 PM
Irboz

[X]
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Selling with no feedback

Thanks for posting and the post gave me great information.

Jun 15, 2013 at 03:53 AM
15Bit
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Selling with no feedback

BenV wrote:
Also, the more you contribute in other topics, the more comfortable people will be buying from you. Someone with 0 feedbacks and 1000 posts feels more trust worthy than someone with 0 feedback and 1 post

That would be my advice too - buying from someone you "know", even if only impersonally, is a lot easier than from a total stranger.

Jun 15, 2013 at 09:23 AM
Kylefornia

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Selling with no feedback

I feel like a lot of people who are on FM are also active on other photography buy/sell photography forums. Leaving a link to that profile/feedback would probably be helpful as well.

Jun 16, 2013 at 02:15 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.