Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
  

Archive 2013 · Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 price announced.
  
 
joeisayo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 price announced.


trenchmonkey wrote:
I see operator error



Speak for yourself.



Jun 14, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Ian.Dobinson
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 price announced.


joeisayo wrote:
I would love see a 50mm F/1.0 from Sigma. Unfortunately AF accuracy most likely wont be reliable.



That would be highly unlikely .
Sigma like the other 3rd party makers have to design a lens to work on all (or at least most) mounts . The different mounts (and register distances) don't really change the basic design.

And then they also will want to make something that is marketable to enough users to be profitable at a competitive price , which is in general why they havnt done anything faster that 1.4



Jun 14, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Lars Johnsson
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 price announced.


trenchmonkey wrote:
I see operator error


+1



Jun 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM
lowa2
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 price announced.


Must. Not. Pre. Order! Man, this looks sweet.


Jun 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM
joeisayo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 price announced.


Lars Johnsson wrote:
+1

You two must have lot of experience with operator error.



Jun 14, 2013 at 10:48 PM
kevindar
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 price announced.


yeah, the review looks truly stunning, and the price, is really awesome. Sigma is making some good lenses.


Jun 14, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Sven Jeppesen
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 price announced.


Lars Johnsson wrote:
+1


+2



Jun 14, 2013 at 10:58 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



joeisayo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 price announced.


Ian.Dobinson wrote:
That would be highly unlikely .
Sigma like the other 3rd party makers have to design a lens to work on all (or at least most) mounts . The different mounts (and register distances) don't really change the basic design.

And then they also will want to make something that is marketable to enough users to be profitable at a competitive price , which is in general why they havnt done anything faster that 1.4



Been hoping for a Canon 50 1.0L MK II for nearly a decade after the rather soft MK I version i owned long time ago. Maybe will get lucky with Sigma building one that will have reliable AF



Jun 14, 2013 at 11:31 PM
AGeoJO
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 price announced.


Too bad, the lens is designed for crop cameras though . Just a reminder....


Jun 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Snopchenko
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 price announced.


Lenstip has reviewed the 18-35. Unsurprisingly, it's pronounced a winner again:
http://www.lenstip.com/374.11-Lens_review-Sigma_A_18-35_mm_f_1.8_DC_HSM__Summary.html



Jun 19, 2013 at 01:43 PM
kevindar
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 price announced.


Snopchenko wrote:
Lenstip has reviewed the 18-35. Unsurprisingly, it's pronounced a winner again:
http://www.lenstip.com/374.11-Lens_review-Sigma_A_18-35_mm_f_1.8_DC_HSM__Summary.html

looks like a must have for crop shooters. may ba even 1.3x crop shooters dependin on image circle.



Jun 19, 2013 at 02:14 PM
M Lucca
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 price announced.


There was a post about the Art 30mm that is compatible with FF with little to no vignette. I wonder if this one would too. That would be quite awesome.


Jun 19, 2013 at 04:44 PM
Snopchenko
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 price announced.


M Lucca wrote:
There was a post about the Art 30mm that is compatible with FF with little to no vignette. I wonder if this one would too. That would be quite awesome.

There was a sample of its performance on a 5D Mark II (now the images are defunct) but I remember it wasn't the case: it did vignette profusely at 18mm. Less so at 35mm but still likely unusable for general use. Should've saved those pics! But it may be salvageable on an APS-H camera, that's why I'm eagerly awaiting the opportunity to test this lens. Maybe my 16-35 will be sold for it since I have no plans to ever migrate to FF.



Jun 19, 2013 at 05:07 PM
1      
2
       end




FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password