Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · How much should one pay for NIkon 50mm 1.2 AIS?

Todd
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · How much should one pay for NIkon 50mm 1.2 AIS?

I'd rather spend the extra money and get a brand new one. At least that way it will have a warranty. New is best in my opinion, I'd like to have one!!! New would have better resale as well with one owner. But $400-$500 ain't bad either. Hope you find one to meet your budget...

Todd

Jun 15, 2013 at 06:56 AM
alexmacdougald

p.2 #2 · How much should one pay for NIkon 50mm 1.2 AIS?

Yup, am toying with the idea of buying it new. There is a new one from the same Japan ebay seller mentioned in this thread. It's not a lot more than the used versions. Plus, it comes with box, manual, etc...Resale is an important consideration. You never know what might happen down the line and would be good to lose as little as possible on the initial investment.
Alex

Jun 15, 2013 at 02:16 PM
Chris Dees
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · How much should one pay for NIkon 50mm 1.2 AIS?

Did you get my PM?
I ask because I did not get an answer.

Jun 15, 2013 at 03:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · How much should one pay for NIkon 50mm 1.2 AIS?

Resale value has little to do with the fact it has been owned by only one person. Because this lens is still available new, folks buying used will always be looking for a discount. Condition will surely matter, so whether you buy new or used you'll want a clean lens and then take very good care of it. The used copy of this lens I bought two and half years ago, that is sitting on my desk in front of me as I write this, is still in mint condition. Granted it is probably only four or five years old judging from the serial number. I got a great deal on the lens and would likely make a bit of a profit were I to sell it, which won't happen. It is a bit like buying new cars. A new car will lose value the moment you drive it off the showroom floor. A new lens will lose value the moment it is in your hands. It is for that reason that the forty to fifty manual focus lenses I've bought over the last three years have all be used. Granted, most of those are out of production but I have six of the eight lenses still in production and all were bought used.

As I said before, if you need the new car smell, or in the case of lenses, a perfect specimen, then buy new. But there is nothing wrong with buying used and a great deal to be gained if you're prudent in your efforts.

Jun 15, 2013 at 09:51 PM
JCLittle

p.2 #5 · How much should one pay for NIkon 50mm 1.2 AIS?

Bought mine from B&H last year and still love the character that this glass provides. It's totally different than another lens in my bag. If buying it new they are available as imported for $649, I found no reason to pay the higher price for a US warranty when it's a manual focus. New or used, just get one they are special.

Jun 18, 2013 at 03:16 PM
alexmacdougald

p.2 #6 · How much should one pay for NIkon 50mm 1.2 AIS?

Thanks! looks like a fun lens to use and with tons of character. Going to pull the trigger this week and get a good used copy

Jun 18, 2013 at 03:27 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password