Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Photobooth Supply Co.

XPO239
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Photobooth Supply Co.

My friend, Brandon Wong who is also on FM created a pretty cool looking photobooth. http://issuu.com/pbsco/docs/pbsco I'm considering picking one up to use for my own wedding and rent it out. What are your thoughts?

Jun 12, 2013 at 09:49 PM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Photobooth Supply Co.

I love it and saw it at WPPI. Definitely the nicest, most portable option out there, all things considered. Price wise though I don't think I'll be able to pull it off any time soon. I'm just not seeing the ROI being within a reasonable time frame for me. My calculations were looking about $7k all-in. Sound about right with the printer and all?

Edited on Jun 13, 2013 at 05:47 PM · View previous versions

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:13 PM
abadass
• •
p.1 #3 · Photobooth Supply Co.

Looks great! Its worth it if you dont have the time to fabricate your own enclosure. The DS40 Printer is beast! You can get a 4x6 print in less than 10 seconds.

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:36 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Photobooth Supply Co.

Looks cool but at 6500$ unless you are rocking that at every wedding and also making at least 1000$ per wedding it might be hard to make that much money vs. the time and money you put into it.

Our photobooth setup ... while kind of ghetto... is simple, just as small, and cost 1/10 the price. It is not as cool or stylish but I have never had anyone complain about that. Usually people are drunk as a skunk by the time they hit the booth anyway.

For someone doing it just as a stand alone business it would be a pretty chic way to go for sure.

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:19 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Photobooth Supply Co.

Pricey.

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:22 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Photobooth Supply Co.

i cant believe he ripped the 'SCO' from VSCO. maybe its just me, but that really turned me off.

Jun 13, 2013 at 01:34 AM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · Photobooth Supply Co.

canerino wrote:
i cant believe he ripped the 'SCO' from VSCO. maybe its just me, but that really turned me off.

Nik(e) should be ashamed too for ripping Nik(on).

Jun 13, 2013 at 02:55 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · Photobooth Supply Co.

cordellwillis wrote:
Nik(e) should be ashamed too for ripping Nik(on).

que?

Jun 13, 2013 at 02:59 AM
morby
• • •
p.1 #9 · Photobooth Supply Co.

It looks cool, but seems way overpriced. $6500 for a stand, camera, moniter, computer and strobe (no backdrops or printer). Am I missing something? Why so expensive?

Jun 13, 2013 at 03:24 AM
awad
• •
p.1 #10 · Photobooth Supply Co.

morby wrote:
It looks cool, but seems way overpriced. $6500 for a stand, camera, moniter, computer and strobe (no backdrops or printer). Am I missing something? Why so expensive?

it's about the going rate for these. smilebooth was closer to $10K i believe.

Jun 13, 2013 at 03:36 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

WNStudio
• • •
p.1 #11 · Photobooth Supply Co.

This is very nice looking fotobooth, but the $$$...
And I thought the one I just ordered here was pricey. Maybe not that compact, but with ds40, touchscreen, netbook and compact camera- all for like 2800 $.
If someone wants to take a look-

http://img09.allegroimg.pl/photos/oryginal/33/05/05/23/3305052314

It has 2 parts, one person can assemble it, this is raw version- it will be covered with my studio color and logos.

Maybe I should start selling'em in USA

Jun 13, 2013 at 09:28 AM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · Photobooth Supply Co.

It would be great if they can explain the benefit of their product for the price they are asking for. Yeah, it's small, but you still don't have everything in the kit so it's not complete. Not that they claim it is, but for that price I would think much more is included (such as everything you need).

Jun 13, 2013 at 01:45 PM
brandonwong
• • •
p.1 #13 · Photobooth Supply Co.

Hey guys! Brandon here.

Love everyone's opinions. Yes at first it may seem pricey, but if you compare our product to other photobooths out there it's actually in the same range if not cheaper. We initially bought our first photobooth for $14,000, which at the time I thought was a steal. In only eighteen months we had already made $25,000 off of it, but hated how big and clunky it was. In fact, we had to always rent a cargo trailer which added more work on the day of and day after the wedding. On top of that we also had to hire not one, but two people because it was so heavy.

This solves all of those issues. It's portable enough to fit inside the backseat/trunk of any sedan, can be put together in just 2.5 minutes, and it is beautiful.

Right now we're doing a sale for only $5900 which includes shipping. Please let me know if you have any questions about my product or photobooths in general. I'd be more than happy to help

Jun 13, 2013 at 03:25 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.1 #14 · Photobooth Supply Co.

The price to value ratio isn't working here. If it were half the price, I might be slightly interested.

There's a crazy margin built in to charge $6500 for basically some metal tubing, a small touchscreen, an entry-level DSLR and an Alien Bees B400 with an umbrella. So you're paying, what, $5000 for the convenience of having it fit in a single case to put everything in?

And, no, I don't care if the rest of the market is even more ridiculously priced.

More power to the guys who designed it if they can get people to buy in. Yay for capitalism.

Jun 13, 2013 at 05:25 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · Photobooth Supply Co.

For really swanky corporate events and weddings, the looks of your setup can certainly help depending on how you market and advertise the service. While I think $6500 is a bit steep (because I don't find Photobooths super valuable to my overall business), this is definitely the prettiest and cleanest version I have ever seen...props on that.

Jun 13, 2013 at 07:02 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · Photobooth Supply Co.

sboerup wrote:
For really swanky corporate events and weddings, the looks of your setup can certainly help

That's true. Most ghetto photobooths look ghetto.

Jun 13, 2013 at 07:09 PM
klee.007
• •
p.1 #17 · Photobooth Supply Co.

D. Diggler wrote:
That's true. Most ghetto photobooths look ghetto.

Agreed... I've seen some photobooth businesses have booths that look TERRIBLE. I mean, it's a combination of plywood, curtains and PVC tubing. And the quality of the images tend to be terrible. Yes, it 'does the job' of taking a photobooth image for a measly amount of money but does the actual quality of the photobooth and images it produces represents your brand correctly? I'm not saying $5,900 is or isn't worth it but frankly, I don't have the time to try to build my own and figure out what does and doesn't work. I would prefer to hit the ground running with something polished, pre-built and is supported.

Keith

Jun 13, 2013 at 07:27 PM
yangy
• •
p.1 #18 · Photobooth Supply Co.

i think it looks pretty sweet and since I have looked into photobooth before, I know that they normally have a pretty hefty mark-up. I do wish that the printer is included for that price though, or at least the printer enclosure...

Jun 13, 2013 at 08:23 PM
mineymole
• • • •
p.1 #19 · Photobooth Supply Co.

Hmm. I have this one: http://snapshotstudio.net/ and I thought it was expensive

Jun 14, 2013 at 07:41 PM
NotoriousPTG
• • •
p.1 #20 · Photobooth Supply Co.

I don't think the price is too high. I just built one that used a 23" all in one and a 23" touch screen 2nd monitor for the other side, a d5000 - (all used off of craigslist), a dnp dnx rs1 printer, all fit snuggly and mounted in a black ata case. It's not ghetto but not nearly as nice as Brandon's. It cost about $4k and a lot of time. He's got to make some kind of profit on the thing.

Edited on Jun 17, 2013 at 10:01 PM · View previous versions

Jun 17, 2013 at 04:12 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password