Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Pet Peeves...

joelconner
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pet Peeves...

I know we probably have our own set of pet peeves when shooting/editing. The one really bugging me lately is blue color casts..usually from mixed lighting. They have really been driving me nuts lately. I even made a lightroom preset just to drop blue saturation as a faster way to fix it.

yours?

Jun 12, 2013 at 02:55 PM
lilyphoto
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pet Peeves...

I've mentioned this before, and it's pretty silly...but fake tans. I hate it when a bride fake tans and looks orange.

Jun 12, 2013 at 02:58 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pet Peeves...

I don't care for overtightened dresses that accentuate a blob of back fat visible at every angle except straight-on. I actually prefer dresses with sleeves. They look classy.

And I don't really enjoy working around three videographers dressed in jeans and bright tshirts/plaid all packed in the same tight dressing room or small ceremony location, or making themselves constantly visible during receptions...

Jun 12, 2013 at 03:01 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pet Peeves...

People mucking around, not looking at the camera or bringing drinks with them during group shots. This is a logistically difficult time and often very time critical - the last thing I want to have to deal with is this stuff. A big chunk of my editing time are dumping out to PS and doing head swaps in group shots, yuck.

Eyelash extensions that are so long the AF gets them and the eyes are out of focus or they cause the actual eyeball to get shadowed. 85% of brides under 30 seem to have them here.

People that squint at the drop of a hat. Almost impossible to fix in post and very hard to deal with when shooting because it severely limits your locations.

Jun 12, 2013 at 03:37 PM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pet Peeves...

Guest trying to duck out of a photographic moment .... and while shooting with wide angle lens.
picture of moment + guest hunched over try to dodge something.

Jun 12, 2013 at 03:46 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Pet Peeves...

Strapless gowns. There, I said it.

Jun 12, 2013 at 03:53 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Pet Peeves...

Ziffl3 wrote:
Guest trying to duck out of a photographic moment .... and while shooting with wide angle lens.
picture of moment + guest hunched over try to dodge something.

Yes!! It's nice that people are considerate, often apologies etc but I wonder if I should maybe wear a tshirt that says "YOU'RE NEVER IN THE WAY!" :o). I recall an uncle doing this through the entire wedding last year... A few times I was with UWA, and we were basically just eye balling each other for 20 seconds until I start waving and telling him to move. Funny, only a mild complaint though.

My biggest pet peeves generally revolve around me being an idiot on some level.

Jun 12, 2013 at 03:57 PM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Pet Peeves...

People wearing neon tie-dye Tshirts and shorts on the beach and walking behind the people I'm shooting, pretending like they're collecting shells, which we all know they aren't. Some of them have even gone as far as making faces at me. Highly immature people.

Jun 12, 2013 at 04:27 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Pet Peeves...

TTLKurtis wrote:
Strapless gowns. There, I said it.

I prefer straps or very short sleeves myself. More finished, elegant, etc.

Jun 12, 2013 at 05:35 PM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Pet Peeves...

Quack Quack. You can figure it out.

Jun 12, 2013 at 05:53 PM
tdurnan
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Pet Peeves...

For me it has been the increase in IPAD photos at events. small cameras are fun enough but working around a 9"rectangle held in the air is a bit much sometimes.

Jun 12, 2013 at 05:55 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Pet Peeves...

I dislike green color cast and shooting in the woods in ohio during the summer. nothing worse than a bunch of deciduous trees to put the green shine on someones face... ughh

Jun 12, 2013 at 07:53 PM
julieawhitlock
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Pet Peeves...

That one bridesmaid who just got married and tells you how "her photographer" did everything.

Jun 12, 2013 at 08:12 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Pet Peeves...

ckhagen wrote:
People wearing neon tie-dye Tshirts and shorts on the beach and walking behind the people I'm shooting, pretending like they're collecting shells, which we all know they aren't. Some of them have even gone as far as making faces at me. Highly immature people.

Public beaches suck.

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:52 AM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Pet Peeves...

Private Beaches Kurtis. The beach being private doesn't exempt it from losers unfortunately.

Jun 13, 2013 at 01:02 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Pet Peeves...

julieawhitlock wrote:
That one bridesmaid who just got married and tells you how "her photographer" did everything.

Like I said here previously: bridesmaids are more meddlesome than Uncle Bob.

Jun 13, 2013 at 01:06 AM
M I K E
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Pet Peeves...

All their guests that spend the day with one eye open because they are photographing so much!

I feel like asking them to put their cameras/phones down for half an hour and enjoy the day!!!!!

Jun 13, 2013 at 01:14 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Pet Peeves...

ckhagen wrote:
Private Beaches Kurtis. The beach being private doesn't exempt it from losers unfortunately.

Sounds like you need a sharpshooter with a BB gun to get those annoying people to go swim with the sharks and get out of your backgrounds.

Jun 13, 2013 at 01:28 AM
asparkes
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Pet Peeves...

+1 on Bridesmaids who are gonna play amateur AD because of their tog, or because they've been in 3 weddings this year. Uhhhhgggg. So hard to be polite while blowing off all of those "ideas".

+1 on Tan brides. Fake or real, white girls who are particularly tan end up orange under anything but the most neutral light. Plus, the grooms end up looking ghostly compared to her ... assuming he's a whitey too?

Jun 13, 2013 at 08:24 AM
swoop
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Pet Peeves...

Bright red obnoxiously large exit signs. They always seem to be trying to get in my frame, it's worse than guests with cameras.

Jun 13, 2013 at 08:33 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.