Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Is anyone here from Hawaii or familiar with Kauai island?

isoesilo
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Is anyone here from Hawaii or familiar with Kauai island?

Hello All,

Is anyone here from Hawaii or familiar with some good spots for pre-wedding/wedding photos around the Kauai island?

Have a wedding there this fall. The couple and I are in Denver and have never been there before. They would like to do a pre-wedding (more like an engagement session) one day before the wedding. I will possibly arrive the day before and may not have enough time to scout the area.

I've done some Google Maps/photo research, but would like to get some inputs and recommendations from anyone local or familiar with the area.

Thank you in advance!

Jun 12, 2013 at 04:59 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Is anyone here from Hawaii or familiar with Kauai island?

Its hawaii, everything there is beautiful.

Jun 12, 2013 at 05:06 PM
thethinkcouch
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Is anyone here from Hawaii or familiar with Kauai island?

the best thing to do is just drive with the couple... let them know that you'll be going on an adventure with them... and if you or they see anything that looks cool, pull over and shoot. they probably know that you've never been to hawaii, so i'm sure they'll be more than game to explore the island with you. =)

//ed

Jun 12, 2013 at 05:21 PM
tsproul1

p.1 #4 · Is anyone here from Hawaii or familiar with Kauai island?

Kauai-

Napoli coast. This is an excursion. To get the coast with the couple, you'll need to take a boat trip.

Waimea canyon - another long trip but beautiful backdrops.

The waterfall from Fantasy Island - Wailua falls is a quick drive from Lihue. To get nice photos, you'll want to go early (avoiding other people there) and be prepared to trek a bit so the couple is at the base of the falls.

Hanalei Bay on the north side.

There are numerous other beaches and sites. Those 4 above are probably the most iconic/recognizable places on Kauai.

Jun 12, 2013 at 06:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

isoesilo
• •
p.1 #5 · Is anyone here from Hawaii or familiar with Kauai island?

@Spencer: true... true...

@Ed: great idea Ed...

@tsproul1: thanks for the inputs... I'll check them out!

Jun 13, 2013 at 03:00 AM
MikeMaez
• •
p.1 #6 · Is anyone here from Hawaii or familiar with Kauai island?

Almost every single really amazing spot on the island requires a bit of adventure for sure. Secret Beach is less touristy and also has access to the secret lava pools.

North: St. Regis @ Princeville has some nice vistas that overlook Hanalei Bay and also has queen's bath. If they are down for a trash the dress...(note that this would be very dangerous in a swell).
South: There are cliffs to the left of Shipwreck Beach @ the Grand Hyatt on the South End that make for some nice backdrops as well.

But as tsproul1 said - you'll want to get them to the Napoli coast - and don't even try taking them on the Kalalua trail @ Ke'e. It's difficult, dirty, and spectacular. ;-D Just rent a boat and get them out there instead.

I'd also recommend the Guidebook app once you are there. It will GPS/Nav you directly where you need to go, as some of the more secluded spots are not so easy to find unless you are super handy with a map (which I am not).

Jun 15, 2013 at 01:50 AM
eNoBlog
• • •
p.1 #7 · Is anyone here from Hawaii or familiar with Kauai island?

Like shooting fish in a barrel. There's a quaint church and field around it in the city of Hanalei. The beaches around there, especially around Princeville, are pretty cool.

Jun 15, 2013 at 09:00 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password