FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Dealing with decentering

Nick Baker
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Dealing with decentering

I have had great experiences in the B&S forum here, but I only buy lenses from people with lots of good feedback and sample photos.

Jul 11, 2013 at 06:15 PM
myron lee
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Dealing with decentering

DK78 wrote:
Hi, me again and some updates.
I've tried to adjust the front element and no luck. When pressing on the front element, the whole front group is tilted, so Roger was right - the problem is in the rear group adjustment.
I have sent it in to our local service and they came back with a ridiculous decentering repair estimate...

Can someone tell me the estimated cost of such repair in US service centers? I can mail the lens to my US relative and he will pass it on to the Jamesburg NJ center.

Frustration...

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/online_repair_tracking/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/lenses/ef_s_10_22mm_f_3_5_4_5_usm?pageKeyCode=onlineRepairLanding

Cost of repair of 10-22 is a fixed price, no matter the problem unless there are major parts involved or major damage. From the US canon web site above, it is $143.00 plus cost of postage. P.S. my 17-55 was a fixed price fix and they replace the front element, the IS electronics, and the AF electronics, and cleaned it for the fixed price.

Jul 11, 2013 at 06:51 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.