Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · #557 Still Standing

Mgotcher
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #557 Still Standing

On May 20, 2013 South Oklahoma City and Moore were hit by a devastating tornado. Many lives were lost and hundreds of homes destroyed. Being a former Moore resident and now a South Oklahoma City resident I too felt some of the impact. The hospital I work (well worked at) is Moore Medical Center and it was destroyed. The damage is beyond repair. Friend's and family members homes and belonging were taken away within second. My best friends dad lost everything during the May 3, 1999 Tornado so he moved to a house directly across the street from Briar Wood Elementary. The school and the entire neighborhood was destroyed by the May 20th, and once again my best friend's dad lost everything. A couple of days ago I went to see the damage to his home. Only the concrete slab remained. The interesting thing was at the next-door neighbor's house. The mailbox was still standing. Despite the total devastation for hundred's of yards surrounding the mailbox it remained standing. Just like the citizens of Moore and Oklahoma City though beaten they are still standing strong. Thank you for taking a look.

Michael

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:05 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.