Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              5       6       end

Archive 2013 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

retrofocus
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

Light at the end of the tunnel? I guess we will see closer towards end of this year.

http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/06/a-big-megapixel-discussion/

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:14 PM
_SBS_
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

If its a 1D I will have to pass. Expensive and heavy. While I enjoy the 1d series for wildlife, in the studio I like it lighter. 5D series would be great.

Now lets all hope it will have improved DR, especially at LOW ISO.

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:20 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

_SBS_ wrote:
If its a 1D I will have to pass. Expensive and heavy. While I enjoy the 1d series for wildlife, in the studio I like it lighter. 5D series would be great.

Now lets all hope it will have improved DR, especially at LOW ISO.

Absolutely! There might be maybe two releases as stated in the rumors - a 1D series camera and a similar 5D series camera. I have zero need for a 1D series camera either. 5D MkIV with specs of the current MkIII plus upgraded sensor in regard to resolution and better DR and low ISO capability, and many including me will be very happy!

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:25 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

Hopefully, this will quiet some of the habitual whiners. Probably not, but we'll see.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm good with the current lineup. More MP, with similar or better noise performance, would be welcome, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:29 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

If the rumor is true - which we all don't know yet of course - it shows under which pressure Canon currently is. A rapidly appearing successor to the current only one year old 5D MkIII is what I was hoping for. Might be a good strategy now since people who dislike larger MP sensors can still go with the MkIII for example. Hopefully we will see that Canon will finally be catching up with the Sony/Exmor sensor of Nikon. Big question is: what will Nikon do next and when...?

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:34 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

Competition is great, eh?

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:41 PM
_SBS_
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

Well, the bigger questions for me is what if anything will Canon take away from a big MP body?

Will it have the same advanced auto-focus as the 5d3 (assuming a 5d body)?

Will it have AF at f8?

Or will Canon take a step back and return to their old practices of crippling bodies?

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:43 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

It'll be a 1D-series body, with all the trimmings.

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

jcolwell wrote:
Hopefully, this will quiet some of the habitual whiners. Probably not, but we'll see.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm good with the current lineup. More MP, with similar or better noise performance, would be welcome, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

No way will whiners let up for even a moment. It's all about hearing their voice incessantly confirm how their life sucks. They'll bitch it has too many MP for PP on their computer, costs too much; looks like crap at 400%, too noisy at ISO 12800, too slow for bald rug rats 'n overweight cats, hurts their wimpy shoulder, can't AF in a friggen cave, has a freakin' mirror, et al.

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:50 PM
M Lucca
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

1dxs?

What's next? 1dxsi, 1dxti, 1dt2i...

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tapeman
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

How about a 1.3 cropper with 30 MP and the best autofocusing ever?

retrofocus
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

_SBS_ wrote:
Well, the bigger questions for me is what if anything will Canon take away from a big MP body?

Will it have the same advanced auto-focus as the 5d3 (assuming a 5d body)?

Will it have AF at f8?

Or will Canon take a step back and return to their old practices of crippling bodies?

Two reasons could potentially speak for crippling of a new 5D series body: to avoid competition with a new high MP 1D series body and also as second reason to avoid competition with the current 5D MkIII in case Canon wants to keep this model on the market in parallel to a potential MkIV for longer. Personally, I hope they don't do it due to competition out there and since the MkIII already has nearly the AF system of the 1D class. A novel 5D MkIV with everything what the 5D MkIII offers PLUS a much better sensor would be simply....fantastic!

retrofocus
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

Tapeman wrote:
How about a 1.3 cropper with 30 MP and the best autofocusing ever?

Nothing against 1.3x sensor in a fast shooting 1D series camera (I don't care ), but please FF for the 5D series.....And let's please make certainly more than 30 MP for FF....competition is already close to 40 MP in FF sensor....

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM
_SBS_
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

jcolwell wrote:
It'll be a 1D-series body, with all the trimmings.

I thought the 1DX was the merger of the 1D and 1Ds lines. Now they are going to split the line again?

I doubt it. Well, I hope not anyway

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

Gochugogi wrote:
No way will whiners let up for even a moment. It's all about hearing their voice incessantly confirm how their life sucks. They'll bitch it has too many MP for PP on their computer, costs too much; looks like crap at 400%, too noisy at ISO 12800, too slow for bald rug rats 'n overweight cats, hurts their wimpy shoulder, can't AF in a friggen cave, has a freakin' mirror, et al.

I know what you mean.

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

Gochugogi wrote:

Not necessarily. And don't forget that 80% of the current whiners pretty did nothing but went around forums spreading praise back say in 2004 era when the 20D took the world by storm.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:35 AM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

5D body size? 38MPish and great video (sounds good for compressed 4k and RAW 2k)? great low ISO DR? 6fps? (I assume it would maintain 5D3-level AF)

would be pretty awesome

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

jcolwell wrote:
I know what you mean.

No doubt Canon will answer the Sony-led charge toward better imaging/sensors. I don't see how that can go unchallenged, any more than full RAW 4k video on that spectrum.

What I hate to see coming is all the pent-up expectations of the whiners being unleashed in a frenzy of forum-wide depression when their fondest, most unrealistic hopes are dashed by the evil corporate mentality.

All we know is vapor and hot air are beginning to rise from the rumor mill. Discussing attributes and imaginary hardware is pulling one's own tail to make sure it's still there!

I'd like to see more in the way of concrete attributes from Canon before I get too excited.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:43 AM
joeisayo
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

retrofocus wrote:
Light at the end of the tunnel? I guess we will see closer towards end of this year.

http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/06/a-big-megapixel-discussion/

"light at the end of the tunnel"
Seriously? Aren't we being over dramatic? For some reason, with the dynamic range challenged 1DX and 5D3's, I've been doing my best work ever.
Do you shoot pictures or just look at spec sheets?

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Rumor: New DSLR(s) with high MP sensors in sight?

jcolwell wrote:
I know what you mean.

You confuse "whiners" with people who criticize Canon for the path they took in regard to sensor and camera development in the past 1-1.5 years. Sure, there will be always people complaining about something, but a herd of fanboys was attacking everyone here who was not okay with Canon's current path or disagreed - especially when the 5D MkIII was announced. If the rumor above is true, the people who criticized were not so wrong....

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:48 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password