Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Salesographer

tonyhart
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Salesographer

ricardovaste wrote:
*Points to insane print sale from a couple of months ago*

Ha! Just to be clear, that came entirely out of the blue. I built it and they came! No sales pitch, no cajoling, they just adored the unique cachet of my work and decided to spend big.... /showoff

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:11 PM
sboerup
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · Salesographer

tonyhart wrote:
Ha! Just to be clear, that came entirely out of the blue. I built it and they came! No sales pitch, no cajoling, they just adored the unique cachet of my work and decided to spend big.... /showoff

What if that happened every single time?

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:50 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.2 #3 · Salesographer

sboerup wrote:

Then Tony would eventually be arrested for drugging his clients.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:51 PM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.2 #4 · Salesographer

sboerup wrote:

Then that'd obviously be fantastic. However, I don't believe that to be possible, regardless of how you approach things. Different people place different emphasis and value on things and as such what is an agreeable purchase to customer A will not necessarily be agreeable to customer B.

Certainly, to a given threshold you can maximise the potential profit from anyone client - if profit is your sole aim - but that threshold differs on a per-client basis.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:53 PM
TRReichman
• • • •
p.2 #5 · Salesographer

tonyhart wrote:
Then that'd obviously be fantastic. However, I don't believe that to be possible, regardless of how you approach things. Different people place different emphasis and value on things and as such what is an agreeable purchase to customer A will not necessarily be agreeable to customer B.

Certainly, to a given threshold you can maximise the potential profit from anyone client - if profit is your sole aim - but that threshold differs on a per-client basis.

You're presupposing that people DON'T want what you do, when these people are willful and paying clients to begin with. That's a defeatist way to run a business. The sales process creates happier clients because they leave with perfectly managed expectations and the perfect solution to their specific problem if you do it right. Selling is wrong, it is a complete necessity to ensure profitability/sustainability and client satisfaction.

Spencer and I talk about sales in today's podcast if you all are interested -

The …a Man to Fish… Photography Business Podcast Episode 29 - Salesographer w/ Spencer Boerup

- trr

Jun 12, 2013 at 02:01 PM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.2 #6 · Salesographer

I'm glad there is variety in the world, and guys I shall go and listen, but lets be honest Todd, we've been here before and we don't agree on this sort of stuff

Sorry for hijacking this thread, I've taken it rather off message!

Jun 12, 2013 at 02:06 PM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.2 #7 · Salesographer

Todd, I can't seem to load your link, or your site.

Jun 12, 2013 at 02:11 PM
TRReichman
• • • •
p.2 #8 · Salesographer

tonyhart wrote:
Todd, I can't seem to load your link, or your site.

Anyone else having a problem? Seems to load for me on several computers and links and my Analytics show several people browsing at the moment.

- trr

Jun 12, 2013 at 02:13 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.2 #9 · Salesographer

TRReichman wrote:
Anyone else having a problem? Seems to load for me on several computers and links and my Analytics show several people browsing at the moment.

- trr

I can't get it to load either, tried deleting cookies etc but nothing. Will load on my phone, but not any device I have that's coming through my internet at home.

p.s. you can listen to the podcast through itunes fine, just slightly annoying you can't get on the site!

Edited on Jun 12, 2013 at 02:16 PM · View previous versions

Jun 12, 2013 at 02:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

tonyhart
• • • •
p.2 #10 · Salesographer

Strange. http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ tells me the site is up, but no joy here yet! I'm try a different browser/connecting disconnecting etc.

Jun 12, 2013 at 02:14 PM
TRReichman
• • • •
p.2 #11 · Salesographer

So 2 guys from the UK can't hit it? (Sorry for the derail BTW)

- trr

Jun 12, 2013 at 02:16 PM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.2 #12 · Salesographer

Yep, no joy I'm afraid Todd. Tried a few things, browser, reconnecting wifi.

Jun 12, 2013 at 02:29 PM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.2 #13 · Salesographer

TRReichman wrote:
You're presupposing that people DON'T want what you do, when these people are willful and paying clients to begin with. That's a defeatist way to run a business. The sales process creates happier clients because they leave with perfectly managed expectations and the perfect solution to their specific problem if you do it right. Selling is wrong, it is a complete necessity to ensure profitability/sustainability and client satisfaction.

Spencer and I talk about sales in today's podcast if you all are interested -

The …a Man to Fish… Photography Business Podcast Episode 29 - Salesographer w/ Spencer Boerup

As well as defeatist is is also very passive and assumes people know exactly what would make them happiest or meet their needs best. I like the quote by Tamara Lackey "not selling is abandoning clients (or potential clients) in the process".

Your site loads fine for me in the UK btw.

Jun 12, 2013 at 05:29 PM
nolaguy
• • •
p.2 #14 · Salesographer

Star Date: 6.15.13 9:30AM Central

Good grief.

I ordered Spencer's Salesographer set a couple of days ago and just clicked Play on his first video.

Six minutes into it and I already have two pages of notes and ideas in Word.

He is certainly teaching, but like any good therapist he is also triggering us to think about things we already get but never apply (or might have thought of but never put the effort into it).

More to come. I think I'm going to enjoy this.

Jun 15, 2013 at 02:37 PM
Ian Ivey
• • •
p.2 #15 · Salesographer

Another +1. I mean, sure, Spencer could have ironed his shirt, but then his mere force of presence would have been too great a distraction from the useful content.

Tony, for what it's worth, I'd say his discussion is actually best suited for people who find sales come-ons distasteful. It's substantially an analytic approach.

At no time does Spencer advise wearing a tweed jacket or asking the client, "So, what do I need to do to get you to drive out of here in a Volvo today?"

Jun 16, 2013 at 04:38 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.2 #16 · Salesographer

Ian Ivey wrote:
Spencer could have ironed his shirt

People only do stuff like that here on the East coast.

Jun 16, 2013 at 04:54 AM
nolaguy
• • •
p.2 #17 · Salesographer

tonyhart wrote:
Yep, no joy I'm afraid Todd. Tried a few things, browser, reconnecting wifi.

Tony, Todd blocked you due to bad karma...

J/kidding of course.

I agree with Ian and have written quite a bit trying to decide how best to review Spencer’s Salesographer package. So far I’m not sure what I’ve written makes sense so I’ll reread and rewrite tomorrow. For now, I’ll just say I highly recommend it – especially for low to zero-pressure folks like Tony and I appear to be.

Spencer’s not preaching high-pressure sales so much as the simple truth that people often don’t know what they want or understand what you’re offering until you guide them. Help them understand what will make them happy, do it in a strategically positive light, make them comfortable with spending what they need to in order to get what THEY want, then put it to bed. The end.

In preaching that gospel, he illustrates ways that have worked for him to communicate those truths.

All of his suggestions may not work for all photographers, but frankly the information and presentation is pretty flawless. Tony and I may not be entirely comfortable with every detail of it.

Maybe I/we should be.

Well, that was pretty simple. Maybe I learned something and can discard the page and a half “review” I’d previously written and get on to other business.

Salesographer by that Spencer guy – again, highly recommended.

Jun 16, 2013 at 04:57 AM
derbarrett
• •
p.2 #18 · Salesographer

Big shout out to Spencer for this video!!! From Jan-Aug of this year we only made about $2k total in post wedding sales. After watching this video we have made over $7k in sales in under a month and a half... worth every penny!!!

Oct 08, 2013 at 06:08 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password