Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Salesographer

deepbluejh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Salesographer

While mainly aimed at portraits, could very easily apply to weddings too. Either way, it looks very compelling. I'm thinking of picking it up.

http://www.salesographer.com/

Jun 11, 2013 at 05:43 PM
bwield
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Salesographer

Picked it up when it first came out.

Highly recommended

Jun 11, 2013 at 05:47 PM
ryan21
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Salesographer

Ya, I don't think you will find a better value for the content you will receive. It is easily worth triple that. I have known Spencer for a while, he is legit. No worries man, that is the best $$ you can spend this year on your business.

Jun 11, 2013 at 06:59 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Salesographer

"Spencer Boerup, the mastermind behind Salesographer"

I didn't know that.

Jun 11, 2013 at 08:33 PM
CMB Photo
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Salesographer

form wrote:
"Spencer Boerup, the mastermind behind Salesographer"

I didn't know that.

Thanks Spencer and good luck!

Jun 11, 2013 at 08:35 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Salesographer

<-- purchased on launch

It comes with a $100 BRI gift card...even if you do not use them regularly, I am sure you can find a way to use it.

Jun 11, 2013 at 08:36 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Salesographer

How relevant / useful for someone in the UK who does 90% weddings?

Jun 11, 2013 at 08:47 PM
bwield
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Salesographer

It is mostly how to sell big. I think it is easily communicable to wedding photography. Especially if you do not currently sell any product on the back end

edit: and it may make that other 10% much more profitable

Jun 11, 2013 at 08:51 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Salesographer

ricardovaste wrote:
How relevant / useful for someone in the UK who does 90% weddings?

I purchased it because I figured what the heck with a $100 gift card it's only costing me fifty bucks basically. I was hoping for more stuff geared towards wedding, I'll be honest. However, there were some good point brought up that would be worthwhile for tweaking my process that apply from his portrait business.

I was sort of hoping there would be nice, fancy pricelists for weddings that I could put my own info in, that was not the case. Nice pricelists for portrait stuff though.

Jun 11, 2013 at 09:24 PM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Salesographer

I hate to sound like a Brit, but I find this sort of thing a touch unpalatable. I hate the concept of 'selling' and I consider that distaste key to my success. Brits don't like salesmen, no-matter how invisible their methods. That said, if it's working for people and they're pleased, then I am pleased for them!

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

form
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Salesographer

tonyhart wrote:
I hate the concept of 'selling' and I consider that distaste key to my success. Brits don't like salesmen, no-matter how invisible their methods. That said, if it's working for people and they're pleased, then I am pleased for them!

I guess I have one thing in common with Brits then...

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Salesographer

tonyhart wrote:
I find this sort of thing a touch unpalatable. I hate the concept of 'selling'

I hate selling, too... but I hate being broke even more. To put it in scientific terms, it sucks.

Jun 12, 2013 at 01:11 AM
mjoshi
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Salesographer

Okay I remember seeing big thread on HOW v/s WHY on this forum, not long ago. So this DVD deals with what HOW or WHY or BOTH ?

Jun 12, 2013 at 01:56 AM
sboerup
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Salesographer

tonyhart wrote:
I hate to sound like a Brit, but I find this sort of thing a touch unpalatable. I hate the concept of 'selling' and I consider that distaste key to my success. Brits don't like salesmen, no-matter how invisible their methods.

I 100% agree with you, I hate it too.

I'm not sure what's 'kosher' or if I should even comment on this thread, but if you use "sales tactics" with your clients I think you will fail. Serve your clients and they'll be happy.

Jun 12, 2013 at 01:59 AM
klee.007
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Salesographer

Honestly, I was skeptical and hesitant about the idea of 'selling'. My entire paradigm and philosophy about my business is to keep it simple. Keep it simple for the client and myself. Which is probably why I'm 99% shoot n' burn. Not to say that's changed but I've been considering going a different route for the past year or so. One thing I've recently realized is that I'm actually limiting myself and selling myself short by doing the shoot n' burn method. I think everyone would agree that they would prefer to work less and make more (or at least the same)... One of the great things about Salesographer is that it gets you thinking about how you communicate with your clients... It's simple tweaks in your process that I never even thought about (common sense stuff) which can help generate higher sales with minimal effort. I plan on gearing things up and applying Spencer's techniques for our boudoir stuff this November... We are super excited and I can't wait take it to the next level. If all goes well, we'll be reducing our wedding bookings and doing more boudoir work.

Jun 12, 2013 at 03:48 AM
ckhagen
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Salesographer

I hate selling. I cannot STAND being "sold" to.

But... what I've learned through doing in-studio sales is that it's not "selling". It's purely just showing the clients what the possibilities are. The clients sell themselves on the products once they've been truly shown the options available to them. If the only thing McDonald's showed a pic of on their menu was a regular cheeseburger, how many double-big-mac-angus-beef burgers would they sell? If you're not in this business it's pretty hard to dream up things you don't know exist. So, I hate the hounding salesman thing, but I love someone who will walk around the lot with me and point out the features of each car that I'm peeking at and I'm ten times more likely to spend a lot more money if I understand what makes one better than the other.

Jun 12, 2013 at 05:13 AM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Salesographer

Fair enough guys. If it's the 'client sells themselves' method by simply having awesome options and laying them out before the client, then I have far less problem with the concept.

Jun 12, 2013 at 09:28 AM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Salesographer

I'm not sure finding selling and concept of it unpalatable is a great for a business owner, people hear 'sales' and seem to think of telemarketers, untrustworthy used car salesmen and pushy underhand tactics. You are selling every time you make contact with a potential couple.

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:58 AM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Salesographer

Mark_L wrote:
I'm not sure finding selling and concept of it unpalatable is a great for a business owner, people hear 'sales' and seem to think of telemarketers, untrustworthy used car salesmen and pushy underhand tactics. You are selling every time you make contact with a potential couple.

Agreed. I'm certainly not denying that. But there's the "make a good product and it will sell" school of sales and the "lets run up a bill on these guys" school of sales. I am firmly in the first camp.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:02 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Salesographer

tonyhart wrote:
Agreed. I'm certainly not denying that. But there's the "make a good product and it will sell" school of sales and the "lets run up a bill on these guys" school of sales. I am firmly in the first camp.

*Points to insane print sale from a couple of months ago*

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password