Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · New ball head avice

Gochugogi
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · New ball head avice

peter_n wrote:
These self-adjusting clamps have been on sale since 2012 so I'm not quite sure why people still think that all RRS clamps will only work properly with RRS or Wimberley plates.

Probably because most people don't change out their clamps annually. RRS clamps tend to last a long time so you probably won't buy a new one very often. Sunwayfoto has adjustable lever clamps (tweaking knob & lever). I haven't tried one yet but the design looks interesting.

Jun 20, 2013 at 06:10 PM
Sharona
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · New ball head avice

Peter - this is making more sense now.... but do you find the below to be true? This is from a review on B&H...

"I have fitted the B2 LR 40 plate on the Z1 (be warned not to use the B2 AS II as its steel lever will hit the base of the Z1). "

Also, is it straightforward to install the RR clamp to the Arca Swiss ball? Thanks!

Jun 20, 2013 at 06:12 PM
peter_n
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · New ball head avice

I prefer Markins screw knob clamps to the one and only RRS lever clamp I have. I had a Markins clamp custom machined to fit on the ball stem of my A-S Z1, so unfortunately I have no experience of a 60mm RRS lever clamp on the Z1.

Fitting a clamp that's designed for the Z1 is very straightforward, however getting the circular base that comes with the ballhead off is not so straightforward.

Jun 21, 2013 at 02:26 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password