Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 2 total opposite couples. Frames from both -C&C appre...

truehuss
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 2 total opposite couples. Frames from both -C&C appreciated

so I had 4 e-sessions in 7 days. Last weekend I had 2 so totally opposite e-sessions where 1 couple was extremely outgoing and the other was...not so much. I still think I was able to overcome it but it was tough. The hard one was in Penn Treaty park, which if anyone has been to, is a small very limited park. It also didn't help that there were TONS of people in every nook & cranny and although my couple chose this area they weren't very comfortable with public affection...at least he wasn't . Very cool couple but just camera awkward ( I even got the man hug from him so he didn't hate me that much ). Then they wanted shots in their home . It was tough for me creatively but i think I got some stuff. Let me know what you think.

Easy one

Harder one

I was so annoyed at what I didn't do on this shot. Sometimes I hate myself.

anyways, that's all folks.

Edited on Jun 12, 2013 at 04:29 PM · View previous versions

Jun 10, 2013 at 02:59 PM
morby
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 2 total opposite couples. Frames from both -C&C appreciated

Both sets are great, but the 1st set is a lot stronger than the 2nd. I'm sure that's because of the client, not the photographer. The composition, interactions and lighting in the 1st set is amazing! I know you've been wanting to shoot wide a little more and those shots look great.

What did you want to do with that last one? More of a reflection in the Apple logo?

Jun 10, 2013 at 03:21 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 2 total opposite couples. Frames from both -C&C appreciated

first set is really good... second one is good but not as good as the first one.

Jun 10, 2013 at 03:22 PM
truehuss
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 2 total opposite couples. Frames from both -C&C appreciated

Thanks fellas. Means a lot coming from 2 photographers I respect. Appreciate the view. I feel the same way.

I think it was Joe Buissink that said "photographers dirty secret is your only as good as your clients" but then my man Jerry Ghionis says "you cant use your clients non-chemistry as an excuse, its your job to rock it period". I agree with both but it is definitely harder with the more 'camera awkward' couples. I sweat a little more. lol

Morby- yeah bro. Theres a long reason as to why I didn't play longer but simply put...I should've. By the way, I saw your last wedding on your site (chris and jaqueline) & that thing is nice!!

Jun 10, 2013 at 03:50 PM
maxwell1295
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 2 total opposite couples. Frames from both -C&C appreciated

8 is just a killer shot. My fave from both sets...

Jun 10, 2013 at 06:24 PM
Brian Virts
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 2 total opposite couples. Frames from both -C&C appreciated

To me your stuff is kind of cliche', I'd like to see you really start to slow down and get your own style and look going. You definitely have a good eye. Alan is right, 8 is great, they look like awesome clients.

Jun 10, 2013 at 08:25 PM
fabiano
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 2 total opposite couples. Frames from both -C&C appreciated

I like the second set better. To me, it looks more real.

Jun 10, 2013 at 08:30 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

scottam10
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 2 total opposite couples. Frames from both -C&C appreciated

Nice work, I still like the way you incorporate murals like Set 2, pics 6 and 7, and the way that the curve of the couple mirrors the BG in 7

I like the setting for the silhouette in Set 2 pic 1, but I wonder if this would work better if she were standing straighter rather than leaning backwards? The arm position seems to add to her bodymass.

Jun 11, 2013 at 03:46 AM
WNStudio
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 2 total opposite couples. Frames from both -C&C appreciated

I like both sets, nice colours and pp.
Good job.

Jun 11, 2013 at 07:13 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 2 total opposite couples. Frames from both -C&C appreciated

Your work is fine and I'm sure both couples are thrilled. But I have a bit of an observation. You wrote: "I had 2 so totally opposite e-sessions where 1 couple was extremely outgoing and the other was...not so much. I still think I was able to overcome it but it was tough."

I noticed that the two sets are really really similar to one another and it seems like you accomplished your goal by your thought 'I was able to overcome it but it was tough.' That's works really well if your goal is to make all of your clients look the same/similar . But you say that one couple was outgoing and the other was more reserved (I honestly cannot tell which couple was reserved or outgoing). You recognize the difference, but the photos are so similar. This leads me to 'should the photos be reflective of the client?' That's a question that I do not know the answer to for esessions. And I suppose that every photographer will have one of two answers. I think either answer works. Just be sure you know which answer you pick and drive at that.

Jun 11, 2013 at 06:47 PM
mjoshi
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 2 total opposite couples. Frames from both -C&C appreciated

both sets look great to me...

Jun 11, 2013 at 08:26 PM
truehuss
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 2 total opposite couples. Frames from both -C&C appreciated

Chuck you bring up an interesting observation.
But let me clarify first: By easy & difficult I meant more in the way of participation OR "selling it". One (mainly the groom) I felt I had to hide and one I felt I could be at any angle & they would be "selling it" til I yelled cut. Hope that makes sense.

Now the fact that you couldn't tell which one makes me happy because that means I accomplished my goal.

Now on to your observation: I actually have a question...do you not do e-sessions? I actually just realized I've never seen one from you? I'm guessing that due to your style being so PJ that you don't like or don't do e-sessions. Either way, I think e-sessions do get a little monotonous in that there is only so much you can do in a limited time.I've seen a lot of e-sessions, your business associate included, where there are similarities in the posing or shoot in general. Then there are sessions like the one Doug <--I think ? (hardlyboring) posted that was an all day session where you could have them eating ice cream and playing and what not but for the most part I don't think I've seen an e-session that doesn't have some, --kissing--hugging--walking--playing--sitting--shes staring, he's not--etc. So basically I guess what I'm saying is that if you do these enough sometimes they do start to look similar . But really, how else are you supposed to show 2 people in love? That being said I will be trying hard now to make them different...somehow

Btw, I always appreciate when you check me out ...you make me think.

Jun 12, 2013 at 01:16 AM
Joel J Photogr
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 2 total opposite couples. Frames from both -C&C appreciated

I'm into both sets! I like your use of framing a lot

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password