Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · ATTN: My beloved Fred Miranda sellers

Buckeye1
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · ATTN: My beloved Fred Miranda sellers

As a seller, I want to post good clean images of what I sell. I feel that helps the potential buyer to get mine instead of someone else's item. With that said, I have, on occasions, not able to post the images at the time of my listing. However, I also mentions that I will add the later. Having great feedbacks help as I have sold items before without images.

As a buyer, I do like to see what I buy. After all, I am a photographer...I like to "see" things 😛. Ultimately, it is my choice whether or not to deal with that seller if he/she does not have images posted. I would send him/her a pm asking them to posted when they have time or send them to me via email. Sometimes , the item is sold to someone else who is willing to buy without images. In that case, it is my loss, especially if it was a great deal. If you are upset because of this scenario, then that is a personal issue. I do not demand nor complaint that the seller should have images of their gears.

This is just mho, no need to challenge me 😀

Jun 30, 2013 at 06:01 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · ATTN: My beloved Fred Miranda sellers

^ +1 perfectly said, if you don't see pics request them if they don't post move on

Jul 01, 2013 at 01:22 AM
binary visions
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · ATTN: My beloved Fred Miranda sellers

Buckeye1 wrote:
If you are upset because of this scenario, then that is a personal issue. I do not demand nor complaint that the seller should have images of their gears.

Upset? No.

Just sharing my opinion on what makes a good for-sale ad, with the hope that maybe a few sellers will read it and realize that buyers may be passing them by because they haven't posted pictures

Jul 07, 2013 at 03:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

wcj0
• •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · ATTN: My beloved Fred Miranda sellers

I usually only purchase new, however a few weeks ago I purchased an MP65 lens from the bs boards. The seller provided photos on the board and the lens looked to me like the rubber focusing ring turned white. I keep all of my stuff pristine because i'm anal and I know it. So when I saw the white ring, it bothered me. I asked the seller about it and he said he thought it was the lighting and sent me an email with a new photo of the lens and ring. I saw that it was indeed a lighting issue and couldn't be happier with the sale. However if I didn't see the photo, I wouldn't have bough the item. I guess it all depends on the amount of money people are willing to gamble with verses the quality of the product. If I purchased a high dollar item, and listen and read what everyone suggests prior purchase, I would want a photo with the date on it just to make sure the item is real. In todays world of internet thieves, no one can be to careful. I almost got beat out of internet sales twice until the sellers realized it just wouldn't have been a good idea.My 2 cents.

Jul 08, 2013 at 01:40 AM
amacal1
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · ATTN: My beloved Fred Miranda sellers

Warm fuzzies count for a lot. You may be an FM forum pro with hundreds of sales and feedback under your belt, and you feel that your reputation is enough to carry you through a deal. But, try and think about an FM forum newb who may be about to purchase just first item from the B\S threads. He may pass on your sale or move forward.

I don't buy much from forums. I like to see a picture of items just to say "here's the item I'm selling, it is as I've described, and I've taken the time and CONSIDERATION to show it."

It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that the picture is reassuring.

The OP shared that sentiment and I agree with it. I will consider sales without pictures based on other metics (+ feedback, reputation, item scarcity, etc.) but if there are two sales that are equal but one has pictures and the other doesn't, I'm biased towards the other.

Furthermore, I find the idea that there is so much contention over whether pictures are helpful in a photography forum to be very amusing.

Jul 16, 2013 at 08:06 PM
Todd Moon

p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · ATTN: My beloved Fred Miranda sellers

I just bought an item-with-no-pictures for the first time. It was my seventh purchase here. It wasn't a ton of money, so I was OK with just the seller's feedback rating. However, shortly after I sent the money I happened to get a little paranoid about what lens I was actually buying. You see, he only listed it as "Canon 85mm f/1.8" and mentioned that it's "an old copy". I suddenly became afraid that there might be some old non-USM version of that lens and I bought it by accident. I PM'ed him before he shipped it and he assured me that it indeed had USM. (I also googled around in the meantime and couldn't find mention of a non-USM version.)

All of that stress and worry (not that it was much) could have been eliminated with a 5-second photograph. Just enough to help make sure that the listing was accurate and I was buying what I thought I was buying.

Sure, I could have asked for a photo before I agreed to buy it, but I didn't think of it. The OP's idea is just a suggestion, and I think it's a good one.

Aug 01, 2013 at 04:33 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password