FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Arches National Park

ScaryFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Arches National Park

1 for me. A tremendous images with those clouds.
Ute

Jun 12, 2013 at 03:28 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Arches National Park

ScaryFox wrote:
1 for me. A tremendous images with those clouds.
Ute

Thank you very much Ute.

Jun 12, 2013 at 06:39 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Arches National Park

I have the day off today...so I sat down with the LE from Tower Arch this morning and have been working on the off kilter feel of it...I think this is about as far as I am going to tweak it...I don't normally warp and skew unless it is to control perspective or lens distortion...but I think for this one I can go against my normal process a little...any better?

Rotated and warped

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM
CW100
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Arches National Park

Travis Rhoads wrote:
I have the day off today...so I sat down with the LE from Tower Arch this morning and have been working on the off kilter feel of it...I think this is about as far as I am going to tweak it...I don't normally warp and skew unless it is to control perspective or lens distortion...but I think for this one I can go against my normal process a little...any better?

yes

Jun 13, 2013 at 06:15 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Arches National Park

Thanks. I pushed, pulled, cloned and mined some details...I think it is better and still close enough to reality for my taste. Thanks for all the tips from the board, much appreciated.

Jun 13, 2013 at 06:17 AM
Twigs
• •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Arches National Park

# 1 for me. Great work on the clouds.

Jun 13, 2013 at 08:04 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Arches National Park

Twigs wrote:
# 1 for me. Great work on the clouds.

Thank you...natures work on the clouds, I just captured it!

Jun 13, 2013 at 08:18 PM
John Richter
• • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Arches National Park

I think you did a great job on your rework, Travis. I'm glad you were able to keep the left side as part of framing the scene.

JBR

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Arches National Park

John Richter wrote:
I think you did a great job on your rework, Travis. I'm glad you were able to keep the left side as part of framing the scene.

JBR

Thanks John, glad it seems to work better. The left side was a critical element to keep IMO...

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM
rxgolf
• • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Arches National Park

Hi Travis!
Of course your shots have been viewed and appreciated by many on the forum. They do make up a great set and I will not try to say anything that has not been already posted. With that said, my favorite part of your post is that you were able to share this with your father. I am sure for you these shots AND the memory of the trip itself is indeed priceless!
Very nice work,
Greg

Jun 15, 2013 at 08:42 AM
Aaron Cowan
• • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Arches National Park

I like the feel of the edit of #1. The B&W and sky is awesome (in the original and the edit)

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Sneakyracer
• • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Arches National Park

Travis Rhoads wrote:

Thx for posting! It's a really nice image worthy of a large print! I like the composition and overall treatment.

Jun 16, 2013 at 09:33 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Arches National Park

rxgolf wrote:
Hi Travis!
Of course your shots have been viewed and appreciated by many on the forum. They do make up a great set and I will not try to say anything that has not been already posted. With that said, my favorite part of your post is that you were able to share this with your father. I am sure for you these shots AND the memory of the trip itself is indeed priceless!
Very nice work,
Greg

Greg, you are so very right...especially today, on Father's Day...I get to think back about the good times had with my dad.

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Arches National Park

Aaron Cowan wrote:
I like the feel of the edit of #1. The B&W and sky is awesome (in the original and the edit)

Thanks Aaron.

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Arches National Park

Sneakyracer wrote:
Thx for posting! It's a really nice image worthy of a large print! I like the composition and overall treatment.

Thanks. I am in the process of deciding how I want to get it printed.

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.