New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Register camera user settings

Tim ONeill
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Register camera user settings

I have a problem setting up the 5D MkII. I want to set a custom setting on the C1 part of the dial. In looking at the manual I follow the recipe on page 183 of the manual, and get to the actual display of the settings on the LCD. I cannot change the setting off Program. I know I have done this before. I have set my own MkII and 60D to manual focus, 2 second delay, 3 shot bracket, F-11 etc. I do a lot of HDR bracketing and focus using Live View, and like this setting to be available at the twist of the dial. Now on my friend's MkII I cannot select any mode in C1 but program. Perhaps someone else knows how to change to AV. I have set everything in AV and changes to C! and the settings disappear. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

Jun 09, 2013 at 06:47 PM
CalBoy87
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Register camera user settings

1) setup anything you want, PASM mode,LV, shutter, picture style e.t.c. DON'T SWITCH MODE TO C1 !
2) Go to menu/register settings/ choose the C1-C3 to save it to
3) now, when you switch to C1-C3 all your settings you select in step 1 will be switched to

Jun 09, 2013 at 08:06 PM
mptnest
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Register camera user settings

Not trying to steal the thread. I believe the question is answered. Does anyone know if there is a way to save user settings on a Mark IV? You can register custom cf settings, and also mode settings, but I can't figure out how to save actual shutter speed, aperatire and ISO settings as you can in C1, C2, C3 as on 5DIi

Jun 09, 2013 at 08:52 PM
Tim ONeill
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Register camera user settings

Thanks CalBoy87 I will give this a try.

Jun 09, 2013 at 09:30 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.