Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Steve Tinetti, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Unplugged Wedding: "The hottest topic this year"

D. Diggler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Unplugged Wedding: "The hottest topic this year"

Ran across this today in the New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/09/fashion/the-i-dos-unplugged-this-life.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Jun 09, 2013 at 09:49 PM
swoop
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Unplugged Wedding: "The hottest topic this year"

Are you good enough to photograph in a room of 150 cameras, or aren't you?

I see so many photographers complaining about this, and I dont get it, It is our job to get the best images no matter what. If someone steps in my way, I move.

No ego there at all.

It's not about being good or not. It's that it severely limits your compositional options if you have to stand here instead of there.

Edited on Jun 09, 2013 at 11:06 PM · View previous versions

Jun 09, 2013 at 11:00 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #3 · Unplugged Wedding: "The hottest topic this year"

swoop wrote:
Are you good enough to photograph in a room of 150 cameras, or aren't you?

The article is actually from the perspective of the bride and groom--not a photographer. It's an interesting read touching on the idea that people are becoming increasingly disengaged from the wedding by being too 'connected' to what's happening outside of the wedding or too focused on trying to take pictures of what's happening rather than experiencing it.

Jun 09, 2013 at 11:05 PM
tobicus
• • •
p.1 #4 · Unplugged Wedding: "The hottest topic this year"

We just shot one of these! In our last wedding, the officiant related a request from the couple that guests put away their cameras during the ceremony. I felt lots of schadenfreude as several DSLRs and dozens of compacts and phones were placed under seats. And the guests listened. Our clattering D700s were the only cameras I heard during the ceremony.

Jun 10, 2013 at 01:08 AM
Littleguy
• •
p.1 #5 · Unplugged Wedding: "The hottest topic this year"

Interesting - for every article I see about going unplugged - I see an article about crowd sourcing wedding photos:

http://www.thestar.com/life/2013/06/07/how_pluggedin_couples_are_crowdsourcing_wedding_photos_with_twitter_instagram_and_apps.html

Totally opposite direction - just look up all the different apps that are available for crowd sourcing photo coverage.

It just depends on the couple and how they think of technology in general...

D. Diggler wrote:
Ran across this today in the New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/09/fashion/the-i-dos-unplugged-this-life.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Jun 10, 2013 at 08:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Mark_L
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Unplugged Wedding: "The hottest topic this year"

Littleguy wrote:
Interesting - for every article I see about going unplugged - I see an article about crowd sourcing wedding photos:

http://www.thestar.com/life/2013/06/07/how_pluggedin_couples_are_crowdsourcing_wedding_photos_with_twitter_instagram_and_apps.html

Totally opposite direction - just look up all the different apps that are available for crowd sourcing photo coverage.

It just depends on the couple and how they think of technology in general...

I wish I could email that link to every price shopper enquiry

Jun 10, 2013 at 08:25 PM
D. Diggler
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Unplugged Wedding: "The hottest topic this year"

Mark_L wrote:
I wish I could email that link to every price shopper enquiry

Has anyone here brought up the idea of an Unplugged Wedding with a client? What was the reaction?

Jun 10, 2013 at 08:34 PM
Tim Wild
• • •
p.1 #8 · Unplugged Wedding: "The hottest topic this year"

I'm having my wedding unplugged. I have the article linked from my blog, but I don't bring it up with customers.

Jun 10, 2013 at 08:55 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · Unplugged Wedding: "The hottest topic this year"

If a couple can't distinguish a pro's images from a pile of crowd-sourced shots, I sure as hell don't want to be the guy who books them.

Jun 11, 2013 at 09:25 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password