FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Yongnuo YN560-II Question

Mitch W
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Yongnuo YN560-II Question

Does anyone know how to prevent the YN560-II from powering down? I use two off camera during receptions and they will stay on for about 15-20 minutes before powering down if not in use (after a dinner break I'll usually need to turn them back on). I'd love it if it just stayed on indefinitely - whether in use or not. Is this possible (I know it's possible with the Canon 580exII)?

Jun 09, 2013 at 11:34 AM
mirrorrim
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Yongnuo YN560-II Question

Hold the music note button until the light below the pilot button lights up (about 3 seconds). That should turn off sleep mode which kicks in around 5 mins idle. However, they still turn off after an extended break I googled it a while ago and all the info I found was that it was a permanent feature built into the flashes. So I periodically use them every so often, even if I dont need to.

Jun 09, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Yongnuo YN560-II Question

Yes, I did that initially, which got me up to the point where they won't turn off for 15-20 minutes. Was hoping there might be a way to keep them on indefinitely though. Like you, I try to pop them every 5-10 minutes or so if not in use just to keep them on. Thanks.

Jun 09, 2013 at 12:00 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Yongnuo YN560-II Question

You have to keep firing off test shots

Jun 09, 2013 at 02:08 PM
swoop
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Yongnuo YN560-II Question

I think the shirt down time is 30 minutes. No solution other than to fire them every so often. Not too much of a hassle though.

Jun 09, 2013 at 02:10 PM
johnrg
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Yongnuo YN560-II Question

That's my main complaint with these. As others have said just hit the test button periodically to keep them on.

Jun 09, 2013 at 06:20 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.