Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · C & D | Wedding (28 images)

nextelbuddy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · C & D | Wedding (28 images)

Please forgive me as i'm still new to the wedding photography scene. I only shoot maybe 2-3 weddings a year (still have a full time job and not able to market as fully as I would like)

I've been shooting weddings for about 2 years now but each time I'm learning more and more. There is some seriously fantastic work in this forum and Its a melting pot to draw inspiration from.

Clint and Danielle are long time friends and I really wanted to give them something special to remember, this was a smaller wedding, weather planned showed 10% chance rain all week and then on the day of rain came from no where so there was no tent or back up plan unfortunately so you will see some rain in the shots and we just had to make do.

I'm pretty happy with this set and I would say that the only thing i'm lacking still right now is a better eye for composition (i'm sure this comes with experience along with more creativity) and a 2nd shooter to get more candids and special moments but once I can start charging more for weddings then I can hire a second shooter.

I'm ready for critique and after seeing a lot of the work from the seasons pros in here I can tell that its going to be harsh but constructive.

Also not sure if anyone will notice but I only shot wit an 85 and 50 mm lens (my sigma 35 was in for warranty surprise) and I just picked up a 20-35 lens last week so in the future I will be able to get a wider variety of comps with lens choices when the need arises

Thanks for looking guys!

DSC_0582 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_0588 color by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_3593 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_3674 trip by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_3743 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_0677 b&w by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_0684 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_0703 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_0749 trip by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_0764 trip by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_0871 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_0866 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_0878 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_0907 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_0928 b&w by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_3857 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_3928 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_3908 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_3954 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_4024 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_4158 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_4341 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_4348 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_4391 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_4399 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_4457 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_4260 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

DSC_4537 b&w by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

Edited on Jun 12, 2013 at 07:47 PM · View previous versions

Jun 08, 2013 at 01:06 AM
pattyw
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · C & D | Wedding (28 images)

Woah... 62 images?! Try editing it down to what you think are your best 20 images and post those... you'll get a much better response. At this time of the season, most people on this forum are really busy... it would take a long time to comment on that many images. Try making it a bit easier for them.

Jun 08, 2013 at 07:24 PM
Evan Baines
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · C & D | Wedding (28 images)

nextelbuddy wrote:
I'm pretty happy with this set and I would say that the only thing i'm lacking still right now is a better eye for composition (i'm sure this comes with experience along with more creativity) and a 2nd shooter to get more candids and special moments but once I can start charging more for weddings then I can hire a second shooter.

I'm ready for critique and after seeing a lot of the work from the seasons pros in here I can tell that its going to be harsh but constructive.

Too many photos for any individual critique, but I will say as a general impression that there are some very nice images in this set interspersed with cheesy, dated, or simply boring shots. I would specifically work on your group photos, which are generally sub-par compared to the rest of what you've posted. Images like #30 better show what you are capable of in portraits. Executing well-crafted group photographs is both a gift to future generations and a wonderful marketing tool for your business.

Jun 08, 2013 at 08:27 PM
nextelbuddy
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · C & D | Wedding (28 images)

Sorry about that guys, I culled it down to 28 images, hopefully that is better. I thought that 60 images was the norm since I have seen several other threads that had 60+ images so my apologies.

And I understand and see what you mean about the group shots. I guess i go the safe route compared to the more creative contemporary versions I have seen lately. Something I definitely need to work on.

Jun 12, 2013 at 07:48 PM
nextelbuddy
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · C & D | Wedding (28 images)

Really the pictures are that bad? lol

I'll take that as I need to go back to the drawing board then

Jun 14, 2013 at 06:37 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password